Post Likes

WebCTRL License issue: Moving servers and client's license file is being rejected

I've got a homeless shelter running 4.1 SP1 on a virtual Win7 box. Support is going bye bye for 7, so we've got to move it to a Win10 VM. No problemo. Only when I try to apply the license file to the new install, it's getting rejected with the message that "the license does not match the product type you are installing."

License file is legit, the install is for 4.1 SP1, so I'm not sure why it's rejecting. Anybody have some idea why it's not accepting the license? Could it be that the original license was for 4.1 and the service pack update was applied afterwards? I would think that the license file would have updated then as well though.

Post Likes
    First off they are replacing the server because the OS is unsupported. The same goes for WebCTRL, that version hasn't been supported for many years now. Why are they not upgrading it? This is your main problem, there has been security issues addressed in WebCTRL over the years. At its core WebCTRL is a web server with exposed services, so if an old OS sitting on the network is a problem (it really is) then that same reasoning applies to WebCTRL.

4.1 isn't supported on that OS either, I'm sure there will be some bugs. From what I remember anything involving file open or add file where it tries to bring up a directory will crash out.

That's your official answer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemikemike View Post
    I've got a homeless shelter running 4.1 SP1 on a virtual Win7 box. Support is going bye bye for 7, so we've got to move it to a Win10 VM. No problemo. Only when I try to apply the license file to the new install, it's getting rejected with the message that "the license does not match the product type you are installing."

License file is legit, the install is for 4.1 SP1, so I'm not sure why it's rejecting. Anybody have some idea why it's not accepting the license? Could it be that the original license was for 4.1 and the service pack update was applied afterwards? I would think that the license file would have updated then as well though.
    No license differences between 4.1 and SP1. However it will not work on Windows 10.
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

Post Likes
    Furthermore after they update to v7 they won't need JAVA in the browser for trend graphs anymore. This will make IT security really happy.

Also v7 works with all browsers, not just Internet Explorer.