Post Likes

Purolator bag filters?

Anyone have any experience with or opinions about these?
    They look like they would help reduce static with higher MERV filtration.
    Here is a link.
    https://www.purolatorairfilters.com/bag-filters

Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I've used the serva-pak's in air handlers before and have had no complaints. Pleets are consistent in size, they are metal construction for the frame and metal supports between each pleet. (Get pretty loaded and still haven't had them collapse in.

As long as you keep ontop of the pre-filters they last quite well. If you need additional surface area for longer life be sure to measure the plenum depth that you have available and order longer bags.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Choclair View Post
    I've used the serva-pak's in air handlers before and have had no complaints. Pleets are consistent in size, they are metal construction for the frame and metal supports between each pleet. (Get pretty loaded and still haven't had them collapse in.

As long as you keep ontop of the pre-filters they last quite well. If you need additional surface area for longer life be sure to measure the plenum depth that you have available and order longer bags.
    I hadn't thought of running a pre filter.

Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    never seen them in resi. I have a few comm accounts that have them but like choc said they have a merv 8 pre filter. I do the merv 8 3-4 times a year (depends on unit) and the bag once a year.

Post Likes
    Ive used them in Place of Cartridge Filters, in a Trane and McQuay RTUs. Before we got the job they were just using 2 Deep Pleats and they let them go till they collapsed. What a mess. Cleaned the coils with an Electric Kartcher and an Underbody wand. Put bag pleats in, and used Gasketed Metal frames with the Yellow Fiberglass Paint Stoppers filtering pads. Kept up on the Paint Stoppers, three to four changes a year and easily got two years out of the bags. Dont cut the straps, till you have them slid about six inches into the track, so you dont tear the bags. We were able to meet their budget.