Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 235 to 247 of 310
  1. #235
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    660
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    I am currently out of work for up to 3 weeks. My wife had surgery on 3-18, so I am home to take care of her. The doctors order was she can only have soft food, eggs, grits, pasta. No meat, bread or chicken as it could get caught in her throat. Thanks to the MORONS, trying to find food to keep her fed is next to impossible. The store shelves are wiped out.

    She has underlying medical conditions. While i am not worried about me, as I am in pretty good health, I am worried about bringing it to her. Later on today I am going to try again to get food and TP but I am not going to hold my breath. I went on the internet trying to get toilet paper and came across some. They are asking $30 for used toilet paper. I chit you not. I don,t know which is worse someone is selling used, or that someone bought it. When I clicked on it, it came up not available, so someone bought used. YUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    Belated Welcome to H-Talk bro! First off, I wish your Wife a Speedy Healthy Recovery! As for you, Do You Have a Harbor Freight Store Near You? If You Do, here's What You Do-Do. Stop by and grab a big handful of their soft paper sale catalogs, take them home, and cut out all the 20-25% Coupons, then place a Stack in the Outhouse. You will be killing 2 birds with one wipe (so to speak), Number-1, you will be thanking China for the Virus, and Number-2, "Well, You Know"

  2. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  3. #236
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    GA hvac I appreciate the offer and will see how the store run goes. I would be lying to say that I am not stressing hard. I thought seriously of having her postpone the surgery until this nonsense is over but hopefully once she is healed her pain will be gone or seriously reduced in her neck. Just it was tough watching her suffer like that and not a damn thing I could do about. I am used to fixing things, and don't take it well when I can't. The one up side is the garden is coming along nicely. We have been running in the 80's for close to a month now. This summer I believe is going to be brutal.
    Fully understand the 'helpelss' feeling thing...

    I am retirement age... and have been having issues with tolerating certain foods...
    Seems when I keep corn in a very small part of my diet... I do better.
    Oatmeal seems to work better as a hot breakfast food, for me anyways.

    AND...
    I LOVE Mexican out (although the restaurants are all closed)...
    So I reserve eating corn; for corn chips and salza when I go out (maybe sometime in the distant future... grin)
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  4. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,696
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    I am currently out of work for up to 3 weeks. My wife had surgery on 3-18, so I am home to take care of her. The doctors order was she can only have soft food, eggs, grits, pasta. No meat, bread or chicken as it could get caught in her throat. Thanks to the MORONS, trying to find food to keep her fed is next to impossible. The store shelves are wiped out.

    She has underlying medical conditions. While i am not worried about me, as I am in pretty good health, I am worried about bringing it to her. Later on today I am going to try again to get food and TP but I am not going to hold my breath. I went on the internet trying to get toilet paper and came across some. They are asking $30 for used toilet paper. I chit you not. I don,t know which is worse someone is selling used, or that someone bought it. When I clicked on it, it came up not available, so someone bought used. YUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    At least around here I noticed there seems to some inventory of paper napkins still, these can be used as a substitues for TP. Most napkins break down well enough they are not a problem with sewer system. Just an idea Good Luck

  5. #238
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,864
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Just shows you how easily broke our system is. Thank god Trump is fixing it.
    Is it the system that is broken or the people? It's all about Me...Me...Me...Me...Me
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  6. Likes ga-hvac-tech, Metalman0880 liked this post.
  7. #239
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Likes
    Where in Iowa, I used to live in Scott County? Eagle Stores,has special early hours. So does Walmart, and BJ's Wholesale. I would take your wife's discharge instructions with you, in case you get get stopped. Do they still have Turnstyle Stores?
    Retired, after 43 Years

  8. #240
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Likes
    The Woman, who may have exposed a Friend, then that Friend was a visitor at my house. It appears she is scamming people, I reported her to the Sheriff's Office. I'm not going to say much else, hopefully they will do an investigation.
    Retired, after 43 Years

  9. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,696
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Where in Iowa, I used to live in Scott County? Eagle Stores,has special early hours. So does Walmart, and BJ's Wholesale. I would take your wife's discharge instructions with you, in case you get get stopped. Do they still have Turnstyle Stores?
    I'm in Linn County, I grew up in the Quad Cities. But the guy with the wife who just had surgery is in Alamama

  10. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Likes
    Classic act
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  11. #243
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,279
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Ok, it's 10 days today and so far no one has come forward 🤔
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,696
    Post Likes
    Maybe that implies that active posting members do not represent a good cross section of America or possibly a lack of testing?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  13. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    11,849
    Post Likes
    It’s getting closer and closer to home but still negative here
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

    Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

    "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

    Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

  14. #246
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,556
    Post Likes
    Around my parts, you can't get tested even if you want to. Even if you have a fever.

    You have to show multiple symptoms before you are allowed to be tested.


    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Maybe that implies that active posting members do not represent a good cross section of America or possibly a lack of testing?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  15. Likes pageyjim liked this post.
  16. #247
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,279
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Right, and the death rate percentage is based on the known test.
    So I'd be willing to bet the actual number of positive cases is way way way higher then the known ones.
    Now take that number by the known deaths ( which we know )
    and tell me the real death rate percentage.

  17. Likes ga-hvac-tech, Turtleman liked this post.
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR