Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Likes
    The first person infected with this Wuhan Flu disease in Pasco County FL was recently reported dead. This was inaccurate - I found out this morning when I read the latest article. In the article today the man stated that (because of his remote location I think) he couldn't get various needed household items delivered.

I emailed him and the newspaper to volunteer to bring him whatever he needs for him and his family. So if they accept I Will be going out for that.

The chances of getting this thing are minuscule. And if I Do get it - it's not as if I have a massive heart attack or my head explodes and I drop dead. I get sick, I piss and moan about it for a short while, and then I'm OK again. I don't want to be struck by lightning either - but I don't bother altering my habits to avoid it very much either. Although; in all fairness; I no longer golf in the rain - so maybe I Am getting soft. <g>

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I get out a little and do some errands and a little shopping. I stay home by my own fruition and I have knowledge of what the hospital is doing right now combined with the fact that only one family member is allowed to visit a granddad with heart failure nor can we enter the assisted living until things get back to normal. Health workers must sanitize before and after a shift on the virus floor bringing fresh clothing and shoes to go home in. We stay home because that is what normal people do... follow the instructions that at best sound logical and do not take matters in their own uneducated hands.

What the CDC is asking us all to do sounds reasonable and for my house isn't hard to do as it won't harm us in any way. I do realize many can't and must venture out. Just do it with caution so you don't infect anyone else. If following the rules and logic saves one life then so be it... am good with what they are asking right now.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    That would be a Plus. <g>

Traffic would almost certainly be light as well.

And let's face it: no police officer will want to stop some old pikey and risk getting infected from him. <g>

On the other hand; round trip flights from Tampa to Philly and back were $62. total - and that is just barely more than one tank of gas. I think I need about six tanks to make it round trip driving my van. Even more in my Tacoma.

That is all next month and it is my opinion that this will mostly be 'all over but the shouting' by then anyway.

PHM
    ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Hey Mikey, on the bright side of things your fuel cost will be under budget ����
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

What a bunch of nonsense this all is! These effin bastards! Stop effin helping me so damned much! I will manage my own damned life on my own! SOB's think they know more than I do about myself. It's nothing but a bunch of arrogant intrusive busy-body *******s we having running (I use the word damned loosely) our country.

PHM
    -----------

Although officials are somewhat concerned with helping people like you I think they they are more concerned with protecting others from people like you.

It's the price of living in a society.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

4. Likes lzenglish liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Poodle Head Mickey, I’ve got bad news for you. Even with all that stuff tuned off, they still track you. Here over half the Police, maybe all of them have cameras on them. The older most obvious ones are the two cameras on the trunk. There are cameras on many traffic lights arms. All the tolls have cameras on them. I was in Orlando last year, I don’t think you could go anywhere without going through a toll booth. From the Airport to Holiday Inn Universal, I lost count of all the toll plazas. You drive through any neighborhood and I can guarantee you’ll be picked up on someone’s doorbell cam.

Post Likes
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    How does one know this? Are the second tests to verify the first more likely accurate?
    At least here, if you have one positive (real or a false positive due to bad test performance) you need two negatives before the Health Department gives you a "recovered" and free to go status

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Although officials are somewhat concerned with helping people like you I think they they are more concerned with protecting others from people like you.

It's the price of living in a society.
    "Very True Statement"

PS: People and Moan about our "Law Enforcement Folks", but they Cry like Babies when they need a Cop, Now Don't They!!!! Close Your Eyes and Imagine a Country with NO LAW and Order at ALL! "YEA BABY", "Wouldn't that Be Great"? !!!

LZ...Poor Junior was left behind on the last site!

Post Likes
    I am currently out of work for up to 3 weeks. My wife had surgery on 3-18, so I am home to take care of her. The doctors order was she can only have soft food, eggs, grits, pasta. No meat, bread or chicken as it could get caught in her throat. Thanks to the MORONS, trying to find food to keep her fed is next to impossible. The store shelves are wiped out.

She has underlying medical conditions. While i am not worried about me, as I am in pretty good health, I am worried about bringing it to her. Later on today I am going to try again to get food and TP but I am not going to hold my breath. I went on the internet trying to get toilet paper and came across some. They are asking $30 for used toilet paper. I chit you not. I don,t know which is worse someone is selling used, or that someone bought it. When I clicked on it, it came up not available, so someone bought used. YUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Post Likes
    Just shows you how easily broke our system is. Thank god Trump is fixing it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    I am currently out of work for up to 3 weeks. My wife had surgery on 3-18, so I am home to take care of her. The doctors order was she can only have soft food, eggs, grits, pasta. No meat, bread or chicken as it could get caught in her throat. Thanks to the MORONS, trying to find food to keep her fed is next to impossible. The store shelves are wiped out.

She has underlying medical conditions. While i am not worried about me, as I am in pretty good health, I am worried about bringing it to her. Later on today I am going to try again to get food and TP but I am not going to hold my breath. I went on the internet trying to get toilet paper and came across some. They are asking $30 for used toilet paper. I chit you not. I don,t know which is worse someone is selling used, or that someone bought it. When I clicked on it, it came up not available, so someone bought used. YUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    I have 6x 24oz bags of:
    Arrowhead Mills organic and GMO free yellow grits...
    They have been in the refrigerator, so they are fresh and bug free...
    I do not eat corn much anymore...
    If you want them... lets get in touch...
    Click on my screen name and look for my email in my profile...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

12. Likes VTP99, 2sac, Metalman0880 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I haven't seen paper products on store shelves for weeks. The local major national store that is normally open 24/7 now closes at night and opens at 6 AM. I got there at 6:15. Parking lot full.

Picked up two "smallish" TP's, one large paper towel, four cans of cat food, two cans of black beans and a dozen eggs.

You should have seen all of the full baskets, people just buying everything, clearing the shelves in short order.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Just shows you how easily broke our system is. Thank god Trump is fixing it.
    IMO...

Part of the reason our system is soooo easy to break...
    Is we are trying to fine tune it too far.
    There NEEDS to be a small reserve within the system...
    ESPECIALLY in each or our pantries...
    For the unknown.

We seem to have forgotten, during these good times...
    That bad times happen...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

15. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    GA hvac I appreciate the offer and will see how the store run goes. I would be lying to say that I am not stressing hard. I thought seriously of having her postpone the surgery until this nonsense is over but hopefully once she is healed her pain will be gone or seriously reduced in her neck. Just it was tough watching her suffer like that and not a damn thing I could do about. I am used to fixing things, and don't take it well when I can't. The one up side is the garden is coming along nicely. We have been running in the 80's for close to a month now. This summer I believe is going to be brutal.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324 LastLast