+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SIMUTECH HVAC/R troubleshooting software?

Post Likes

SIMUTECH HVAC/R troubleshooting software?

Several years ago I bought troubleshooting simulation software for my students and I thought it was wonderful, -it was made by this company "SIMUTECH". But a few years ago, when I tried contacting the company for upgraded software, the company phone number was disconnected and their website disappeared. Does anyone know what happened to that company? Perhaps they were bought out by a book publisher? I would love to buy their software again, and I know my students would learn a great deal from it. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Hello there, I have been using "Interplay Learning" is a very good way of learning it has virtual reality for trouble shooting is very good I dont think you can buy the software but you can pay around 20 dollars per months and use it, check it up and let me know what you think of it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by arturor84 View Post
    Hello there, I have been using "Interplay Learning" is a very good way of learning it has virtual reality for trouble shooting is very good I dont think you can buy the software but you can pay around 20 dollars per months and use it, check it up and let me know what you think of it.
    I am an instructor at Midland College. We also used Simutech for years and years. we upgraded to a network based program a few years ago at a cost of thousands of dollars. The Man who owned the company was creating a "Patch" code every year to cause people to have to go in and install the patch to keep it working properly. That way he could control how many programs were out there and who was using it to control piracy. Well, he up and passed away unexpectedly without sending out the next patch code. So when you reached your expire date, you could no longer use the software because you did not have the code. The family was having legal battles as to who was going to get the company or money from the selling of the company or if they were going to keep it going. That was the last word I have on it and I got that info from a Rep for Hampten trainers. As of now, we still can'a use our software and have no idea if we ever will.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Post Likes
    I have not personally used Interplay Learning, but I have heard good reviews - understandable training backed by practical work!

Post Likes
    Oh my! I'm planning to buy that. Well thank you for this information.

Post Likes
    lennox has their own build a tech online program as well..
    https://www.lennoxpros.com/hvac-training/classes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jericraval View Post
    Oh my! I'm planning to buy that. Well thank you for this information.
    I think you will not be disappointed!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in