Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    people are predictable. stopping the the US economy isn't going to last long.....people are going to get tired of sitting at home when they don't see victims dropping dead in the streets. Unless there is a forced state of emergency, with police and national guard enforcing a curfew, they're going out.

plus there are enough people that already see it's not as bad as what the media is pushing. Don't get me wrong, it could have been much worse. If the travel bans and quarantines weren't put into affect, it might have been.

here's another thing to think about......remember those cruise ships with confirmed cases? if it was as terrible as what we're being told, shouldn't every single person on those boats have died?

also, Jakob, you were talking about holding cash.....if the world goes to hell, money is going to be worthless. food, water and gasoline will be the currency of choice. Buddy of mine told me yesterday that his friend is stocking up on beer, cause he thinks that's going to be the next currency. LOL!

2. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Told the wife if we get put on lockdown Im stockpiling beer. Hell we have wash clothes I can use to wipe my butt. But if Im locked in the house for 2 weeks there will be lots of boredom drinking going on. She agreed and said to get her some wine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Told the wife if we get put on lockdown Im stockpiling beer. Hell we have wash clothes I can use to wipe my butt. But if Im locked in the house for 2 weeks there will be lots of boredom drinking going on. She agreed and said to get her some wine!!!

Sounds like a recipe for more babies 😍

Post Likes
    I guess I have 2 other concerns if they place everything on lockdown. Were not out of winter yet. If a customer has no heat am I allowed to go out and make the trip. I would imagine so as have no could could become life threatening.

Second is all the guys that dont have the cash on hand to go 4 weeks without a service call, or only a few calls. Would hate to see a bunch of guys have shut down because of this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Sounds like a recipe for more babies
    That situation was addressed 2 weeks ago..... planned it around normal slow time. Got some good reading in though. Terry had recommended a few books that ended up being really good.

8. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    I havent approved of Trumps response to this in the beginning.

I do think he is much more on track now.

California has already authorized Hotels to house sick people.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It does seem like he got off to a bit of a slow start, but one never knows with Trump. He gets a lot done behind the scenes. An example was when he banned travel from infected regions before CV began it's march westward. IMO, just as in WWII, we may start off slow, but American innovation, ability to step up production, technology and leadership will make the difference. I anticipate that not only will America successfully come through this, but as always, will be a beneficial and positive factor in the recovery of the rest of the world.

One very positive aspect is that Trump will put America back in control of it's own medical supplies and drug manufacturing. It was foolish to allow communist China to gain that and other monopolies. It put us at their mercy. We can count on that coming to an end. This virus is 'the stirring of the pot', bringing important issues to the surface so that they can be addressed and resolved.

10. Likes jacob-k liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Trump responded by calling virus a hoax and then bragging about his uncle teaching at MIT and how it somehow rubbed into him, what kind of clown would say something like that during a crisis. It took the fall of wall street for trump to do what he should had done 3 months ago, the stock market is the only thing that truly matters to him.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    This thread should be moved to that ARP place. Started out kind of fun and informative and as usual it turns political.

Post Likes
    Thread moved to ARP because it became blatantly political. Politics goes in ARP, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Trump responded by calling virus a hoax and then bragging about his uncle teaching at MIT and how it somehow rubbed into him, what kind of clown would say something like that during a crisis. It took the fall of wall street for trump to do what he should had done 3 months ago, the stock market is the only thing that truly matters to him.
    If you were interested in facts instead of leftist propaganda, you would know that what he actually said was that the Democrats making it political and blaming Trump for it was their latest hoax.

14. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I do not follow blindly any ideology, crap come disguise in many different shades.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

16. Likes Red Man liked this post.
    Dislikes Tool-Slinger disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I do not follow blindly any ideology, crap come disguise in many different shades.
    He doesn't have to take the test again, he already did which came back negative.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    He doesn't have to take the test again, he already did which came back negative.
    Agreed, but he dismantled the pandemic response team (he blamed Bolton) and did not take the virus seriously till few days ago when the stock market took a huge dive. We make our living fixing air conditioners and I would say that 90% of us h-talk members would had handle the virus crisis better than our president.

Post Likes
    Well the way I see it one can become immune after they've been hearing the cry of wolf so often. 🤔

20. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast