Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I told my wife last night, in about 3 weeks, we’re going to take whatever cash we have on hand and sink it into the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that's what I was thinking too. If the market falls on its' face, you can get some smokin deals! that's why I'm thinking alot of this panic is being pushed by the media for a reason.....someone is gonna make a crap load of money off this thing.

2. Likes 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I told my wife last night, in about 3 weeks, we’re going to take whatever cash we have on hand and sink it into the market.

The markets are gonna crash much harder then what we are seeing. Be smart. Anywhere people gather will eventually be shut down. that is just logical based on how contagious the virus is.

The potential for crash FAR FAR exceeds the potential for recovery at this point.

Dont people all gather together at wall street? What do you think is gonna happen when the virus starts infecting them and everybody stops going to work?

DO people gather to run Facebook? Google? I mean THINK about where this could go....And just wait, wait until you see some of these big businesses that stop work start going BACK TO WORK.....Until you see signs of recovery dont throw away your money. My .02

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    Dont count your chickens before they hatch....

All we have to go on is other countries experiences and they ain't doing so good. We havent made it too the point of bodies piling up yet. Give it another month....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    they're already hatching.....if this was on the epidemic scale of World War Z, we would have already been into it....but we're not.

155,858 cases world wide.....5,814 deaths...3,176 people died in china......those aren't world shattering numbers. let's face it, most of the deaths in china were prolly in areas with little to no health care.

the CDC reports that between 10/1/19 and 3/1/20, 22,000-55,000 people died from the FLU in the US alone.

At 30,000 deaths in 5 months, that's 6,000 people a month......I fail to see where roughly 40 deaths in a few months compares to 6,000 a month.

5. Likes VTP99, 2sac, BigDanB liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Washing your hands and using disinfectant periodically throughout the day when you are in and after public places should be normal practice during flu season. Heck, at all times really.

Might be attacking other countries, but I don't see epidemic proportions in the USA, nowhere close to what the flu does every year. We got a jump on it right away.

The real fallout will likely be small business failures.

The markets are gonna crash much harder then what we are seeing. Be smart. Anywhere people gather will eventually be shut down. that is just logical based on how contagious the virus is.

The potential for crash FAR FAR exceeds the potential for recovery at this point.

Dont people all gather together at wall street? What do you think is gonna happen when the virus starts infecting them and everybody stops going to work?

DO people gather to run Facebook? Google? I mean THINK about where this could go....And just wait, wait until you see some of these big businesses that stop work start going BACK TO WORK.....Until you see signs of recovery dont throw away your money. My .02
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    they're already hatching.....if this was on the epidemic scale of World War Z, we would have already been into it....but we're not.

155,858 cases world wide.....5,814 deaths...3,176 people died in china......those aren't world shattering numbers. let's face it, most of the deaths in china were prolly in areas with little to no health care.

the CDC reports that between 10/1/19 and 3/1/20, 22,000-55,000 people died from the FLU in the US alone.

At 30,000 deaths in 5 months, that's 6,000 people a month......I fail to see where roughly 40 deaths in a few months compares to 6,000 a month.
    This is where everybody seems to fail. you are comparing stats of the flu, which is part of our life and everybody gets it. 360 million in the US and we all get it.

When Corona Virus has spread to 360 million people then you would have a stat to compare with.

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Washing your hands and using disinfectant periodically throughout the day when you are in and after public places should be normal practice during flu season. Heck, at all times really.

Might be attacking other countries, but I don't see epidemic proportions in the USA, nowhere close to what the flu does every year. We got a jump on it right away.

The real fallout will likely be small business failures.
    Well, the bad news is all we got to do is wait a month or so and see whats going on. SO lets meet back up on this topic in another 2 months.....

10. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes

I think the markets are going to crash very hard too. I am one of them that believe it is over hyped as well but the hype is creating major issues across the board. I think by mid next week we will be on a lockdown like Italy, which will bring the market to a massive crash. Anyone with liquid cash at that time will be the ones that are able to capitalize on the situation. While we don’t have massive amounts of cash on hand, we are decent savers so we do have liquid cash above and beyond our emergency fund.

I will say, having a fully funded emergency fund is one thing that has made this whole ordeal less stressful for my family. If we didn’t have the cash, and unsure about work for the next 4 weeks, my outlook may be different.

12. Likes jacob-k liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I think the markets are going to crash very hard too. I am one of them that believe it is over hyped as well but the hype is creating major issues across the board. I think by mid next week we will be on a lockdown like Italy, which will bring the market to a massive crash. Anyone with liquid cash at that time will be the ones that are able to capitalize on the situation. While we don’t have massive amounts of cash on hand, we are decent savers so we do have liquid cash above and beyond our emergency fund.

I will say, having a fully funded emergency fund is one thing that has made this whole ordeal less stressful for my family. If we didn’t have the cash, and unsure about work for the next 4 weeks, my outlook may be different.

Agreed....except im on the fence as to how bad this virus might be.....I just dont know.

But if you really want to make some good money, or travel the world for cheap, soon as you know someone that has it go get it!

Post Likes
    The more I read, the more I believe, while the virus may be real, the panic is/was a strategic plan. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but things don't add up. Why did the 2.5B that trump asked for jump to 8.3B granted? Why are we sending 1/4 of that money overseas? Why did Pelosi hide abortion and Medicare funding into the bill? What better way to make money in the market than to drain it when it's higher then it ever has been, and then buy low after it bottoms out. IL was one of the first states to announce a disaster so they could steal federal monies, and now every state has their hand in the kitty. Why is the news pounding this down our gullets right now? Cities, states, the feds, and the media have created this panic state intentionally.
    Paranoia the Destroyer
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The more I read, the more I believe, while the virus may be real, the panic is/was a strategic plan. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but things don't add up. Why did the 2.5B that trump asked for jump to 8.3B granted? Why are we sending 1/4 of that money overseas? Why did Pelosi hide abortion and Medicare funding into the bill? What better way to make money in the market than to drain it when it's higher then it ever has been, and then buy low after it bottoms out. IL was one of the first states to announce a disaster so they could steal federal monies, and now every state has their hand in the kitty. Why is the news pounding this down our gullets right now? Cities, states, the feds, and the media have created this panic state intentionally.
    Paranoia the Destroyer
    I dont know about some of this but the media does it for viewership. They make a ton of money off fear....

16. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Have any of you watched the videos of doctors talking on the virus coming out of Italy?

Post Likes
    Did it morph?

Or are you saying the the origin was Italy?

Have any of you watched the videos of doctors talking on the virus coming out of Italy?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Did it morph?

Or are you saying the the origin was Italy?
    15 days ago there was 15 mutations and 2 strains. L staring and I believe S strain. I can dig up the video if you want to see.

But no I'm talking about the doctors from Italy that have been interviewed on what's going on over there. It's extremely eye opening to the potential. And as you know know 60 million people are on lock down. Heck 250 people died yesterday alone from the virus in Italy.

Their system is so badly overloaded they are playing God on who gets a bed. No Bias just facts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast