Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    The thing Im thinking about isnt the death rate, its the financial toll.

With the government shutting down private businesses, and promising to help financially, what is going to happen after the initial shock and awe?

If people start removing cash from banks, the Fed could lock down accounts, etc. most people are direct deposit, so if you end up not working, you could find yourself without any money to pay the bills.

Also, If the panic keeps going, we could all find ourselves sitting at home for weeks.

2. Likes Special-K, BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That was the news from my house in NJ. Over the weekend the girls told me that they were Ready: We got some extra cases of wine. <g>

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Told the wife if we get put on lockdown Im stockpiling beer. Hell we have wash clothes I can use to wipe my butt. But if Im locked in the house for 2 weeks there will be lots of boredom drinking going on. She agreed and said to get her some wine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylp3Td1Bw

Live stream....first ive seen of this....

This does give a decent example of how long people are down with the virus. Look at people invected verus recovered.

look at Italy....F*ck, about 40% of those that have got it died and 60% recovered.....Those are very scary numbers....Spain isnt doing much better....

If you look at China and South Korea you see they have pretty decent death vs recovery stats.....And they are said to be using HydroxyChloroquine and Zinc as of a few days ago....Ill post link to that video...this might be why their numbers are so much better

Link to Chloroquine and Zinc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7F1cnWup9M&t=531s Also his next video extends on HydroxyChloroquine.....

Post Likes
    He may have been right - it sure looks substantially Like a hoax. Well; from here in the cheap seats anyway. <g>

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Trump responded by calling virus a hoax . . . .
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Yes; but you are still using 'statistics'.

There is a real possibility that some or even most people are only impacted slightly or at least do not seek medical assistance. As with any other cold or flu - they let it run it's course and then recover.

Whereas actual deaths from it tend to be 100% reported. Maybe even in excess of 100% if the patient had multiple health issues.

So the infected-to-deaths ratio becomes wildly skewed.

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    The death rate is low with proper care... High with proper care.. the world can only take care of so many people... Some of these nations have close to a ten percent death rate from the virus.
    Once we overwhelm health care services rates will go up on deaths.
    It's the real deal.. .going on a cruise and several people dieing tells us it's real... Not an ordinary flu.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

There is a real possibility that some or even most people are only impacted slightly or at least do not seek medical assistance. As with any other cold or flu - they let it run it's course and then recover.

Whereas actual deaths from it tend to be 100% reported. Maybe even in excess of 100% if the patient had multiple health issues.

PHM
    ----------
    Statistically speaking.....

The way they come up with their stats on this virus currently is by looking at how many people are infected versus how many people have died....Which I find to be a incorrect way of viewing it....

I would think that the correct way of looking at this would be how many people have recovered and how many people have died.....That to me is more accurate to what is really going on....

That said, 73 people have recovered in the US and 71 have died....In Italy 2749 have recovered and 2158 have died....France 127 deaths and 12 recovered....

Even if some people are getting it and not reporting it or not needing treatment the numbers we do see are astounding....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turtleman View Post
    new generation , coronians born December 2020
    No..no....it is Cronoialls..lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I don't understand why many are doing what they are doing. But I know I have enough coffee to last about 2 weeks, I think I'll pick some up on the way home. I'm debating if I need pick up some more 9MM and 40SW ammo though? If you remember it was about 1 year before you could start buying ammo in the stores again. Hope that doesn't happen with the grocery stores

Post Likes
    They don't astound me.

60,000,000 Italians were living - now less than 00,002,200 have died from The Wuhan Scourge. It would take over 2700 TIMES more deaths just to get to 1%.

As a business owner how astounded would you be to either gain or lose 1% of your customers to or from your competition? Would you even notice? And if so: divide the 1% by 2700 and then tell me how concerned you would be over losing that many customers. <g>

I'm not saying that the Wuhan Flu isn't something to take a bit of concern for - I'm just asking for at least a touch of perspective on the matter. <g>

Of course, maybe I AM just 'fiddling while Rome burns'. <g>

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    Statistically speaking.....

The way they come up with their stats on this virus currently is by looking at how many people are infected versus how many people have died....Which I find to be a incorrect way of viewing it....

I would think that the correct way of looking at this would be how many people have recovered and how many people have died.....That to me is more accurate to what is really going on....

That said, 73 people have recovered in the US and 71 have died....In Italy 2749 have recovered and 2158 have died....France 127 deaths and 12 recovered....

Even if some people are getting it and not reporting it or not needing treatment the numbers we do see are astounding....
    PHM
    --------

11. Likes Mimbler liked this post.
    Post Likes
    They don't astound me.

60,000,000 Italians were living - now less than 00,002,200 have died from The Wuhan Scourge. It would take over 2700 TIMES more deaths just to get to 1%.

As a business owner how astounded would you be to either gain or lose 1% of your customers to or from your competition? Would you even notice? And if so: divide the 1% by 2700 and then tell me how concerned you would be over losing that many customers. <g>

I'm not saying that the Wuhan Flu isn't something to take a bit of concern for - I'm just asking for at least a touch of perspective on the matter. <g>

Of course, maybe I AM just 'fiddling while Rome burns'. <g>

PHM
    --------
    My perspective would be "of course we will get through it"....This is not gonna stop mankind in the least...we will probably lose a half million to 2 million worldwide....

But that will be because we are on lockdowns until a vaccine or people get ill in treatable increments...

Take out the lockdowns and let this run rampant and I would bet 10 million to 30 million would die....

My point is simply, this looks to be pretty serious if let go on without quarantine....So I personally understand why such measures have been taken, and I understand that these measures will likely last 6 months....

We have been getting calls about cancelations, people on facebook, people on here, talking about 2 weeks....Im Sorry to tell you this wont be over in two weeks or two months....

Post Likes
    I don't know. But I am more interested in coming up with a good name for them. I vote for either: The Coronians - or maybe: The Wuhan Few.

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    How many babies you think will be born in 9 months?
    PHM
    --------

14. Likes Turtleman, 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Correct me if I am wrong but as I understand it CV-19 has not killed that many it has been underlying conditions that have killed the majority. Let's say you have COPD, CV-19 may not get you but it will weaken you to the point the COPD does. In other cases the COPD may have you weakened enough that the CV-19 gets you. You have the same issue with many other underlying conditions, asthma, heart conditions, Bronchitis, etc. The point is the vast majority of otherwise healthy adults are surviving with no side affects to date. So how accurate is it to say that X number have died from the virus when they may have died from something else but had the infection from the virus so it was counted with the virus deaths.

16. Likes Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes

PHM
    ----------
    That is why I used the cruise ships for the models as everyone was tested..then we have how many contracted the virus and how many died...also most of those cases are mature so not many more are going to die that were on the ships.
    All of those people received help as well.
    The people with multiple health issues..that will account for some..but I am assuming everyone was well enough to go on a cruise ship that did.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast