Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    This is insane and is likely to get worse but its merely influenza. Hopefully all will be back to normal in a few weeks.
    No it's not merely influenza....

Its is far more infectious than influenza....

And in two weeks itll be worse. Its gonna be worse for 6 months.

Everything that is happening is called slowing the curve. As hospitals fill up we will continue to be restricted in attempts to slow the curve on infections.

They say 80% will be fine. Ok. That's great. So 20% will not. Swine flu infected 60 million people in 2009 with 300,000 needing medical assistance. 12000 died. If 60 million get this virus and 20% or 12 million people need medical assistance and we have a total of 46000 ICU beds nationwide......yeah.....not good.

From here forward, everything will be dependant on hospital capacity. We restrict and there is bed space restrictions will slowly be lifted. If theres no bed space restrictions will increase.

Simple math

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

3. Likes Answer-Man liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post

I pulled 50k in cash out of the bank 3 weeks ago.
    I always have a few g's on hand , but why 50 ?

5. Likes jacob-k liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    I always have a few g's on hand , but why 50 ?
    we left about 80k in several accounts so not like we depleted them. But in its simplest form, I like the security of having control of my own money. Because truthfully, I dont know how bad this is gonna get. And secondly, I dont know enough about where my money is once I deposit it. It sure isnt in my bank.

Its really simple to redeposit it. So why not take some steps to protect myself and my family?.....What I would call cheap insurance

Post Likes
    LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

8. Likes Turtleman, BBeerme, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    with everything on lock down in the rest of the country, after a few weeks, the frenzy will die down. the only way it will get worse is if 100's of people start dropping dead from it......and that isn't happening.

If people would calm down, and use some common sense, this will all be history in short order. mass panic is what keeps it rolling, and makes it worse.

and why the hell is everyone buying TP?? I don't get it!

10. Likes BigDanB liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I just went to the grocery store this morning. Not very crowded but all the toilet paper was gone. There were still a few packs of paper towels and lots of bottled water. Canned goods were pretty sparse. Everything else was pretty well stocked.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    we left about 80k in several accounts so not like we depleted them. But in its simplest form, I like the security of having control of my own money. Because truthfully, I dont know how bad this is gonna get. And secondly, I dont know enough about where my money is once I deposit it. It sure isnt in my bank.

Its really simple to redeposit it. So why not take some steps to protect myself and my family?.....What I would call cheap insurance
    I don't blame ya one bit and probably would have pulled the 80 instead.
    Can't trust banks and if ( which I highly doubt ) there was a run on banks they could put a stop order in place just like we just saw with Wall Street.

Post Likes
    Not really. More like pneumonia. Lungs fill with water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    This is insane and is likely to get worse but its merely influenza. Hopefully all will be back to normal in a few weeks.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    with everything on lock down in the rest of the country, after a few weeks, the frenzy will die down. the only way it will get worse is if 100's of people start dropping dead from it......and that isn't happening.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch....

All we have to go on is other countries experiences and they ain't doing so good. We havent made it too the point of bodies piling up yet. Give it another month....

15. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    The biggest problem I foresee is running out of investable cash before the stock market sales are over.

I have heard this (what you describe) but in southwest Florida I have seen no evidence of it. Which reminds me of a funny story -
    I told my wife last night, in about 3 weeks, we’re going to take whatever cash we have on hand and sink it into the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    only problem with putting Cash back "in" the bank is .... they are required to report large sums and the feds might have some questions for you

I guess you could say you had one helluva yard sale

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    only problem with putting Cash back "in" the bank is .... they are required to report large sums and the feds might have some questions for you

I guess you could say you had one helluva yard sale
    Like "we see you took 50k out and are now putting it back".....lol....I'm not too concerned.

19. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast