Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Glenn Beck was feeding the hype last night saying that you need to grab all the cash you can get your hands on NOW!

When are we going to settle down and get back to normal. Most of us want to be safe and move on but are forced to participate in the hype just to try to stay normal. If people would continue their normal buying habits we would not have shortages. If people would practice good hygiene and use some common sense with personal contact there would not be a problem.
    Beck has always been a fear monger.
    Agree with the rest of the post.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I saw a report today where the change of season may be in our best interest, not so much the heat but the humidity.

It is suggested that under low humidity the water droplet that holds the virus evaporates fast letting the virus float longer. IN higher humidity the water droplet is heavy, doesn't evaporate as fast so it and the virus it contains drops out of the air faster making it less likely for people to come in contact with it.

Or so the theory goes.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Well, at the very least he's willing to walk the talk 😀

Post Likes
    Gonna waste someone for a roll of TP... ??? Lol

It’s gonna be OK...
    Actually yesterday, here locally, my adult son an I watched one guy try to stab another in a fight for an eight roll pack of TP and a third guy picked up the TP and took off running with it.

I really do joke about having enough ammunition.

But people are being so …. "something", I just don't have the right word. I grocery shop every day for several reasons, which I will not go into here. But last Thursday (4 days ago) all the stores were fully stocked, all except for toilet paper and paper towels. But Monday (yesterday), all the frozen foods, bread, Ramen noodles, pasta, rice, cleaning supplies, pop, water, cold medicine, Tylenol, Ibuprophen, hand soap, bleach, sanitizer stuff, baby wipes, canned soups, canned vegetable, Spam, tuna, most of the lunchmeat, hamburger, hot dogs and cheese, etc ……. are all gone. And more people in the store than when they are shopping for Christmas & Easter dinner combined. If the stores can't restock in a few days how long before the break-ins or other illegal activities pick up? It doesn't take a lot to set some of these things off.

Be it good or bad, work is slow right now because of weather is somewhat mild and don't have to go out of the office, we aren't locked down yet!

Post Likes
    It is an idea but just because they "may" (unknown at this point) not get it again does not mean that if they come in contact with it they won't transmit it to others.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Most people die from pneumonia or other lung infection after getting Covid-19 or the flu.

With viruses like flu and coronavirus, pneumonia often delivers the fatal blow
    https://www.inquirer.com/health/flu-...-20200214.html

For that matter, most of the old people I have known who spent their final days in hospitals died of pneumonia.
    Many (most?) AIDS patients died of pneumonia.

Covid19 is itself a form of viral pneumonia (aka "walking pneumonia"). But the pneumonia that kills so many is bacterial.

There are vaccines for pneumonia. The two main ones are Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23. (I've had both. I took them a year apart.)

https://www.cdc.gov/pneumococcal/vaccination.html
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pneumonia+vaccine+13+and+23
    ARDS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Be it good or bad, work is slow right now because of weather is somewhat mild and don't have to go out of the office, we aren't locked down yet!

You are an emergency service, lock down only if you want too...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Actually yesterday, here locally, my adult son an I watched one guy try to stab another in a fight for an eight roll pack of TP and a third guy picked up the TP and took off running with it.

I really do joke about having enough ammunition.

But people are being so …. "something", I just don't have the right word. I grocery shop every day for several reasons, which I will not go into here. But last Thursday (4 days ago) all the stores were fully stocked, all except for toilet paper and paper towels. But Monday (yesterday), all the frozen foods, bread, Ramen noodles, pasta, rice, cleaning supplies, pop, water, cold medicine, Tylenol, Ibuprophen, hand soap, bleach, sanitizer stuff, baby wipes, canned soups, canned vegetable, Spam, tuna, most of the lunchmeat, hamburger, hot dogs and cheese, etc ……. are all gone. And more people in the store than when they are shopping for Christmas & Easter dinner combined. If the stores can't restock in a few days how long before the break-ins or other illegal activities pick up? It doesn't take a lot to set some of these things off.

I’m gonna go to the store maybe tomorrow. Last Sunday they were out of tp, Clorox stuff and frozen foods. Will be interesting to see what’s Changed. Our area is going into full lockdown so I would say things at the stores are worse.

I wonder how many people are sitting at home with their hoard of toilet paper... maybe rubbing it on their face... fondling it..... my precious.... lol

A gal I talked to said she saw a guy on Facebook who was taking rolls of toilet paper and cutting the roll down the middle to make 2 rolls.... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Oprah/Greta 2020

Post Likes
    I wonder about going long Amazon?

Now more and more people will be ordering even basic necessities for delivery and once they realize how easy and convenient it is - I think an awful lot of them will not revert to going out to the store later. I can easily see this C-19 panic causing an entire paradigm-shift in retail behavior.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    If it gets bad enough, maybe grocery stores, etc will begin a delivery option. Charge it to your card, the delivery man leaves it at the door. Disinfect the packaging and store.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

13. Likes Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Somebody just send me an email stating that Australia has just raised it C-19 seriousness level from: "No worries" to: "She'll be right, mate".

It went on to say that three higher escalation levels remain:

3. "Crikey!",
    4. "I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend"
    5. "The barbie is cancelled."

With the final note that there has never been a situation yet which has warranted the use of the final escalation level.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast