Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    VTP99 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    They won't listen I've been saying the same thing as yourself did you not understand that ?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Do the numbers again - this time as a percentage of each country's population.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    The US just went to the top of the 'number of infected list.

In order of number of infected:

.......Deaths

US - 1209 (83, 836 infected)

China - 3291

Italy - 8215

Spain - 4365

Germany - only 265!

France - 1698

Iran - 2234
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    It has been said there are:

Lies, d*mn lies, and statistics...

IMO we need to cover the numbers from many different perspectives, not only:
    deaths
    infections
    symptomatic infections
    Asymptomatic infections
    "good ol boy infections' (our resident TDS guy from Tennessee, thinking he is sick, so he can get laid off and get govt un-employment checks)

Reporting a specific statistic, rather than the whole picture... is, IMO, mis-information.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Even When Optimists Are Right (HYPOTHETICALLY) — The Doomsayers Always Win
    I just have one more thing to say about models. It’s undeniably true, and it’s one of the things that frustrates me about them. The doomsayers always win. Do you realize this? The doomsayers always win in a psychological sense. “What do you mean, Rush?” Well, let me explain it to you. I’m glad you asked.

If it’s bad — if it is as bad as they say — they will say, “I warned you. I told you it was going to be 100,000 dead, 200,000 dead. I told you!” If it isn’t as bad as they say, if it doesn’t end up being as bad as they predict, they then say, “It’s only because we warned you to do what was necessary to avoid the threat.”

They are never wrong.

The doomsayers are never wrong; they always win. They’ve got an answer for everything. The realists, like me… I’m the mayor of Realville. I am Mr. Literal. This program is Realville. I am the mayor, governor, president, whatever. I’m an optimist. I can’t help it. I have the optimist gene. We never win up against the doomsayers.

If the realists and the optimists are wrong, then what are we?

We are uncaring murderers or worse.

We are people with no compassion if we are wrong when we say, “It ain’t gonna be that bad, folks. Get a grip!” If the realists and optimists like me are right, we still endangered lives with the recklessness of our prediction, and were saved only by those who knew their data was false and scared them into acting…

If I were to come along and say… This is a HYPOTHETICAL capital H, capital Y, capital everything, HYPOTHETICAL. If I were to say today, “This shutdown is not necessary…” I am not saying it, but if I were… I’m giving you a HYPOTHETICAL example. If I were to tell you that I don’t think anything we’re doing here is as drastically necessary…?

If that turned out to be right, the doomsayers would still say that I was reckless and that I endangered lives and that lives were saved only by the doomsayers who warned everybody not to listen to the optimists, and that’s why modelers… I don’t care whether it’s health models, whether it’s climate models, economic models. They always play the doom card.

They always play the worst-case-scenario card, and they never lose. The people who lose are those who’ve had their livelihoods ruined because of the doomsayers. But, boy, you contradict the doomsayers and say, “I don’t think it’s this bad. I don’t think a hundred thousand, 200,000 people are gonna die.”

(angrily) “Who are you to dispute Dr. Fauci? Who are you! What do you mean?” “Well, I’m an eternal optimist, and I just don’t believe…” “Well, that’s recklessly…” So, you can’t say it. The optimist and the realist have to shut up, ceding the argument to the doomsayers, and that’s where we are here, and that’s what I don’t like about this.

The doomsayers are ruling the roost, and who’s to say that they’re right? They don’t know! All they’ve got are their computer models and their media-biased headlines to scare the hell out of everybody. They could be right, but what if they’re wrong? Well, that’s the thing. They never are.

They will get credit for having warned everybody in advance. The fact that the economy’s been shellacked and destroyed? “Ah, an insignificant byproduct to the saving of lives.”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ypothetically/

See also:
    This Video From A Doctor On The Frontline Of The Coronavirus Will Make You Feel A Whole Lot Better
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...ole-lot-better
    Last edited by Space Racer; 04-02-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

5. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This virus is new.
    There is no built up immunity because it's new.
    You are going to get the virus..since there is no immunity.
    We haven't even began to get hit yet...as shown by all the negative test coming back
    Roughly 20 percent need hospitalization or they die.
    The hospitals are keeping the death rates down.
    When hospitals are full... You won't be able to be saved.
    'Decisions' are already being made on who gets a ventilator when there isn't enough of them.
    If you have the best chance of recovery you get a ventilator... If not you will die.
    This virus attacks your lungs... Your body goes into overdrive trying to kill it... While doing such.. you are getting hit from both sides.. the vrus and your own body.
    You fight and fight and fight for air.. until you lose.
    If you want guys want a snap into reality.
    Stick a one inch ball valve in your mouth. Then after 30 minutes or so close the valve a little. Another thirty minutes close it some more. Repeat until you are fighting for air while breathing through a very small opening... No cheating just keep going and going...Post back the results.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

7. Likes 54885488, Lahrs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm asymptomatic, so no problems on my end. Good luck on your end.

Have you quit smoking yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    This virus is new.
    There is no built up immunity because it's new.
    You are going to get the virus..since there is no immunity.
    We haven't even began to get hit yet...as shown by all the negative test coming back
    Roughly 20 percent need hospitalization or they die.
    The hospitals are keeping the death rates down.
    When hospitals are full... You won't be able to be saved.
    'Decisions' are already being made on who gets a ventilator when there isn't enough of them.
    If you have the best chance of recovery you get a ventilator... If not you will die.
    This virus attacks your lungs... Your body goes into overdrive trying to kill it... While doing such.. you are getting hit from both sides.. the vrus and your own body.
    You fight and fight and fight for air.. until you lose.
    If you want guys want a snap into reality.
    Stick a one inch ball valve in your mouth. Then after 30 minutes or so close the valve a little. Another thirty minutes close it some more. Repeat until you are fighting for air while breathing through a very small opening... No cheating just keep going and going...Post back the results.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I'm asymptomatic, so no problems on my end. Good luck on your end.

Have you quit smoking yet?
    Odd..as you have to have symptoms to be tested.

Post Likes
    As for running and getting flu shots, a lot do. Free for all seniors and a lot of times free for young folks. If flu medicine is in short demand, they make young folks pay for their shots.
    And I have seen where it was so short it was for elderly only for like a few months... in my area anyways.

No we are as a whole, freaking out about COVID-19 more-so than the Flu is because: 1. It's novel. 2. We saw what was happening before it arrived here, causing those easily freaked out to go buy everything they can and hoard supplies. Others saw as a money making event, buy everything then sell when demand is high and resources is low. This in turn a panic to begin because supplies are truly low. If the shelves were full and PPE was readily available, my guess is the only difference you would see is the shelter in place, some closures, and not much panicking.

The flu is bad, so anything that is at a more dangerous level, expect to see this. Soon we will know the answers like, is it seasonal? Will it more easily re-infect people that got it previous year? Will it evolve (mutate into stronger/weaker strains)?

After this is over and we have the proper supplies stocked and medicine ready for whoever will become sick, I doubt you'll see closures and shelter in place orders again. You may hear, to observe social distancing for just out of respect of others. Voluntary face masks, and recommendations for hand washing.

The world has seen worse, much worse. Like the bubonic plague. Where people were being shipped to islands to die, then instead of burials, they were burned. (Poveglia Island in Italy) Caused 60% death of European population during the middle ages.
    I wouldn't expect to see this kind of panic if COVID-19 does pop back up in fall as predicted. But let another virus come out of China (as usual) that is just as deadly or more severe, you will then see the same response and panic.

For years the elderly has been warning me saying, "One day there will come a time where there will be no food at the grocery store, no gas, no ammo.... be prepared" I used to think they were just being senile.
    Those shelves starting to look more like what they were saying. Not as drastic, but God help us if something isn't done about all these health issues that are coming from China. Its their responsibility, but something has to be said.

Post Likes
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Odd..as you have to have symptoms to be tested.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    On an interesting night out with coworkers and their wives. A discussion was about the “flu” deaths including Cov-19 vs everyday life events.

It as a very open generic count .
    Who dies more a year from?
    Hiv/Aids?
    Texting and driving?
    Illegal drug overdoses?
    Prescription drug overdoses?
    Electrocution?
    Spouse found in another bed?
    Medical negligence resulting in death?
    Infections received while in the hospitals lead to death?
    Traffic accidents?
    Pedestrians killed crossing the road?
    Natural Disasters ?
    Murder?
    War on any continent?
    Drug gang shootings?
    Suicides?
    And my favorite.... Death by stupidity?

These also occur every single day....we stopped when a few wife’s got overwhelmed and started crying just listening to our conversation....

My only opinion about Cov-19. It’s it affects those with an already weakened immune system. Studys have been done that certain immune building vitamins and minerals and a healthy lifestyle has shown minimal risk for catching it....Certain medications people are on does just that, weakens the immune system and the additional side effects are crazy across the board.

I also want to know why TP is selling out for no damn reason, lol..

13. Likes Tool-Slinger, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    On another note 2 of the wives got really pissed off at me because I told them P.E.T.A. stands for .....People Eating Tasty Animals... Roflamo!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    On an interesting night out with coworkers and their wives. A discussion was about the “flu” deaths including Cov-19 vs everyday life events.

It as a very open generic count .
    Who dies more a year from?
    Hiv/Aids?
    Texting and driving?
    Illegal drug overdoses?
    Prescription drug overdoses?
    Electrocution?
    Spouse found in another bed?
    Medical negligence resulting in death?
    Infections received while in the hospitals lead to death?
    Traffic accidents?
    Pedestrians killed crossing the road?
    Natural Disasters ?
    Murder?
    War on any continent?
    Drug gang shootings?
    Suicides?
    And my favorite.... Death by stupidity?

These also occur every single day....we stopped when a few wife’s got overwhelmed and started crying just listening to our conversation....

My only opinion about Cov-19. It’s it affects those with an already weakened immune system. Studys have been done that certain immune building vitamins and minerals and a healthy lifestyle has shown minimal risk for catching it....Certain medications people are on does just that, weakens the immune system and the additional side effects are crazy across the board.

I also want to know why TP is selling out for no damn reason, lol..
    You do realize...

You are guilty of using critical thinking, to reach conclusions that are generally referred to as old fashioned common sense...

Two things the left and their mouthpiece the MsM do NOT want 'their' slaves (excuse me, constituents) even knowing about, much less using.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

16. Likes coolwhip, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yes! i am guilty as Charged, Senator! roflamo...No need for any apologies, lol A healthy dose of Reality does wonders....I'm surprised you didn't notice i left a few more things out. (maybe you did, lol)

18. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast