Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    yeah these are serious aerospace type of stuff, as I said had a few retail buildings with them wondering why haha
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    The cut sheet says resolution on Y is less than 1%. That is a good start.
    And what they don't mention and I'm sure is the case its over the total allowable span. Something I also want to look into.

Say its 0-10v but you need 2-10v. Guessing now instead of 100 steps, your working with 80. Also on these linear actuators, I'm assuming this is for the full travel. Actuator might do 1" of travel to handle the biggest valve body, but put it on the smallest that maybe only needs 1/2" of travel...guessing you lost more resolution. Same thing for less than 90deg stroke valve & dampers.

Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    yeah these are serious aerospace type of stuff
    Ha. Can't be, they care a lot about weight.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    believe me this response time will leave your head spinning its something like .5 second -1 second full stroke and it responds just as fast truly serious tight control design

Post Likes
    actually reading the data sheet I posted see response time way way slower than what Im trying to describe , but that's the basic dimension, Id recommend talking to siemens technical sales sorry I cant help

Post Likes
    haha I wasnt saying ON the space shuttle but referring to test chamber ets , you def have more experience than me on that area , my experience and its been awhile was more the refrigeration side vs controls.

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    And what they don't mention and I'm sure is the case its over the total allowable span. Something I also want to look into.

Say its 0-10v but you need 2-10v. Guessing now instead of 100 steps, your working with 80. Also on these linear actuators, I'm assuming this is for the full travel. Actuator might do 1" of travel to handle the biggest valve body, but put it on the smallest that maybe only needs 1/2" of travel...guessing you lost more resolution. Same thing for less than 90deg stroke valve & dampers.

Ha. Can't be, they care a lot about weight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123