Page 56 of 149 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366106 ... LastLast
Results 716 to 728 of 1933

Thread: Corona Virus

  1. #716
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,596
    Post Likes
    Right now, the models go like this:
    Garbage in, garbage out.

    Numbers so far are so far from reality, one can only ask why.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Care to elaborate? Would it not be reasonable to say, the 'modelers' are part of the research groups? Are you saying the modelers work in complete isolation from say the virologists with no input?

    I have zero clue about all this Space. I'm not even arguing that the modelling is correct. Due to the human behaviour component of what they are trying to forecast I'm sceptical that they can be completely accurate. But, it's the best we have!

    What's your alternative to models/data Space?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  2. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
  3. #717
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,890
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Right now, the models go like this:
    Garbage in, garbage out.

    Numbers so far are so far from reality, one can only ask why.
    What better way to control the masses? Invoke fear
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  4. Likes VTP99, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  5. #718
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,596
    Post Likes
    Yeah, pretty sure more and more are getting on board with this.

    Combine that with all the 'free' money talked about that will be thrown around.

    And on that second point, anything received for free is rarely appreciated. Probably a better word for it, just escapes me right now. Think of it like this . . . Two kids. One works to buy his own bicycle, the other has it given to him for free. Which bicycle will be better taken care of?


    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What better way to control the masses? Invoke fear
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  6. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  7. #719
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,890
    Post Likes
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  8. #720
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,890
    Post Likes
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  9. #721
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    7,184
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Care to elaborate? Would it not be reasonable to say, the 'modelers' are part of the research groups? Are you saying the modelers work in complete isolation from say the virologists with no input?

    I have zero clue about all this Space. I'm not even arguing that the modelling is correct. Due to the human behaviour component of what they are trying to forecast I'm sceptical that they can be completely accurate. But, it's the best we have!

    What's your alternative to models/data Space?
    There may be modelers in research groups, but models require tons of data before they can be brought into a conversation about probability. And even then, models are not precise. Most are pretty far off. So then it becomes a matter of choosing the right models. (This is what weathermen do, for example.)

    When you only have a small amount of data, you can't use models. They are useless.

    See Infectious Disease Modeling: What’s the Track Record?
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...6#post25851156

    In such situations, we need to:
    Immediately inform the public that emergency procedures need to be put into practice.
    Immediately begin testing of patients and surrounding population.
    Immediately begin treating patients with medications known to aid in recovery of similar cases.
    Immediately mandate social distancing, hand-washing, wearing of face masks, and/or other measures deemed appropriate for similar diseases.
    Refrain from shutting down businesses unless they sponsor crowd formations or refuse to follow emergency rules.
    Gather reports from all known relevant cases.
    Review reports from similar historical cases.
    Talk to front-line doctors who are handling patients with the disease.
    Make decisions based on a knowledge of what works.

    In the future, we need to have a nationwide plan involving teams from governments of all states that can be put into effect at the drop of a hat. In order to do so, the public will have to be educated. Federal government involvement should be limited to providing guidelines, materiel support, and manpower, not lockdowns or the like. We need people in place whose duty is to prepare for national disease disasters and have reliable information on hand, so that we don't have to resort to asking a hundred different people what they think might happen.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  10. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  11. #722
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,743
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    There may be modelers in research groups, but models require tons of data before they can be brought into a conversation about probability. And even then, models are not precise. Most are pretty far off. So then it becomes a matter of choosing the right models. (This is what weathermen do, for example.)

    When you only have a small amount of data, you can't use models. They are useless.

    See Infectious Disease Modeling: What’s the Track Record?
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...6#post25851156

    In such situations, we need to:
    Immediately inform the public that emergency procedures need to be put into practice.
    Immediately begin testing of patients and surrounding population.
    Immediately begin treating patients with medications known to aid in recovery of similar cases.
    Immediately mandate social distancing, hand-washing, wearing of face masks, and/or other measures deemed appropriate for similar diseases.
    Refrain from shutting down businesses unless they sponsor crowd formations or refuse to follow emergency rules.
    Gather reports from all known relevant cases.
    Review reports from similar historical cases.
    Talk to front-line doctors who are handling patients with the disease.
    Make decisions based on a knowledge of what works.

    In the future, we need to have a nationwide plan involving teams from governments of all states that can be put into effect at the drop of a hat. In order to do so, the public will have to be educated. Federal government involvement should be limited to providing guidelines, materiel support, and manpower, not lockdowns or the like. We need people in place whose duty is to prepare for national disease disasters and have reliable information on hand, so that we don't have to resort to asking a hundred different people what they think might happen.
    Are you talking the "Pandemic Response Team" Obama put together or something different. I ask because I have heard so many with TDS claiming that Trump removed the PRT which is why we are having all these issues in response to this crisis. What I gathered was the PRT was a bunch of academics stuffed suits that wouldn't know how t get anything done.

    I am just trying to get the story straight.

  12. #723
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    7,184
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Are you talking the "Pandemic Response Team" Obama put together or something different. I ask because I have heard so many with TDS claiming that Trump removed the PRT which is why we are having all these issues in response to this crisis. What I gathered was the PRT was a bunch of academics stuffed suits that wouldn't know how t get anything done.

    I am just trying to get the story straight.
    The bigger and more central (federal) the headquarters of such an agency, the lower the quality and the slower the response.

    We need to establish networks among state governments and large cities, among medium sized cities, and among the areas in between. They need to establish procedures and methods of cooperation according to their needs and abilities. The response networks/teams can tie into a central advisory team and FEMA, but they need to be able to respond same day without waiting for a bureaucrat to give them the go-ahead.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  13. #724
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    9,564
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah...

    After the 'connected' people have made a ($$$) killing off this mess...

    Kinda hard to stop that... when the connected people include govt folks...
    And let's not forget the 'Trump mileage' the Dems & MsM will try to get out of this. Once over, we'll have months of gasps and cries directed toward the sky.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem = the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to a systemically corrupt ideology


    How to apply for Professional Membership

  14. #725
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    9,564
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    My cat is asymptomatic
    So is mine, unless bad attitude is a symptom...
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem = the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to a systemically corrupt ideology


    How to apply for Professional Membership

  15. Likes VTP99, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  16. #726
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,890
    Post Likes
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  17. #727
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    9,564
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    So why all the hoopla and makeshift morgues now?
    Likely the combination of flu and CV is too much to handle.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem = the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to a systemically corrupt ideology


    How to apply for Professional Membership

  18. #728
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    It has been proven that blacks dont care about the consequences of their actions. This just adds to it.

  19. Likes 2sac liked this post.
Page 56 of 149 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR