Page 55 of 149 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265105 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Post Likes
    At the moment; yes. But give it some time. Eventually you will be told that we 'have dodged a bullet'.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    But, But, but, the brown eye hurricane is coming. Isn't that what we are told?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

2. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    At the moment; yes. But give it some time. Eventually you will be told that we 'have dodged a bullet'.

PHM
    ---------
    Yeah...

After the 'connected' people have made a ($$$) killing off this mess...

Kinda hard to stop that... when the connected people include govt folks...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    More perspective:

In my state, the 2018-2019 flu season resulted in:

Flu (2018-2019):

• 139,000 cases
    • 14,000 hospitalizations
    • 1400 deaths

Corona statistics (for my state, updated Apr 5):

• 13, 010 cases
    • 1803 hospitalizations
    • 477 deaths

I get that CV isn't finished yet, but I find it difficult to believe that CV statistics will surpass those of my state for last year. The point being that we have a viral killer amongst us each and every year that takes at least as great a toll. We just aren't statistically updated every 5 mins.

(Not specifically aimed at you Vin, just chose this post since you are less 'triggery'.)

What's the infection/mortality rate of the flu if we had no vaccine and/or treatment? Those flu stats would be alot worse without modern medicine and good hygiene practices.

Since people are so into stats these days, go check out the various cholera outbreaks. Without social distancing, that's maybe a better comparison to make?

The only weapon we have against CV right now is social distancing. That's it.

Not only that, I love my grandma. She is worth all the money in the world to me. And hearing all these 'conservative' people condem people to death (similar to abortion really) is surprising. "All life is precious, unless it affects the stock market!"

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't have the answers!! But I sure as sh!t know these conspiracy theory blogs Gander and others are so fond of don't either! They see problems and conspiracies everywhere they look, except in the mirror. :/

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-wor...m#howeffective

Maybe, just maybe, people that study this stuff know what they are talking about??

Post Likes
    Is anyone paying workers to stay home or giving a layoff or furlough? Glad I have work seems like a few guys do not want to work due to the risk of corona. 90% of our installs these days are in empty homes

Post Likes
    Zoo animals now tested positive. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/n...ronavirus.html

I guess we need to set the animals free like we are doing to our prison populations.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billgarv View Post
    Is anyone paying workers to stay home or giving a layoff or furlough? Glad I have work seems like a few guys do not want to work due to the risk of corona. 90% of our installs these days are in empty homes
    My work has laid people off and also given furloughs. I'd say we're at 50-70% of what we were a month ago.

Like you, I have work. If anything, busier than usual this time of year. Partly due to ongoing construction work. Plus have multiple trades, so I guess I'll be one of the last standing as can do any job that comes our way.

And yes, it seems like a lot of people are happy to jump on the government handouts and not work. I'm 100% down with limiting social interactions, but the world has to be kept turning!

Post Likes
    Now tested positive.

First thing that goes through my head is:
    Have they EVER been tested before?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Zoo animals now tested positive. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/n...ronavirus.html

I guess we need to set the animals free like we are doing to our prison populations.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    My cat is asymptomatic

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    (Not specifically aimed at you Vin, just chose this post since you are less 'triggery'.)

What's the infection/mortality rate of the flu if we had no vaccine and/or treatment? Those flu stats would be alot worse without modern medicine and good hygiene practices.

Since people are so into stats these days, go check out the various cholera outbreaks. Without social distancing, that's maybe a better comparison to make?

The only weapon we have against CV right now is social distancing. That's it.

Not only that, I love my grandma. She is worth all the money in the world to me. And hearing all these 'conservative' people condem people to death (similar to abortion really) is surprising. "All life is precious, unless it affects the stock market!"

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't have the answers!! But I sure as sh!t know these conspiracy theory blogs Gander and others are so fond of don't either! They see problems and conspiracies everywhere they look, except in the mirror. :/

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-wor...m#howeffective

Maybe, just maybe, people that study this stuff know what they are talking about??
    The modelers and the MSM are the ones who don't know what they are talking about, not the people who study the virus.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Even Italy flu rate is higher
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    ILI = Influenza-Like Illness
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    The modelers and the MSM are the ones who don't know what they are talking about, not the people who study the virus.
    Care to elaborate? Would it not be reasonable to say, the 'modelers' are part of the research groups? Are you saying the modelers work in complete isolation from say the virologists with no input?

I have zero clue about all this Space. I'm not even arguing that the modelling is correct. Due to the human behaviour component of what they are trying to forecast I'm sceptical that they can be completely accurate. But, it's the best we have!

What's your alternative to models/data Space?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Even Italy flu rate is higher
    So why all the hoopla and makeshift morgues now?

Page 55 of 149 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265105 ... LastLast