Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ESokoloff View Post
    Not here on the Western front......

https://scedc.caltech.edu/recent/

Quakes are up 50+% (my personal observation/guess)
    The article isn't about a reduction in quakes. It's about a reduction in seismic noise due to reduced human activity/travel.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem = the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to a systemically corrupt ideology

How to apply for Professional Membership

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    The article isn't about a reduction in quakes. It's about a reduction in seismic noise due to reduced human activity/travel.

All I know is if something’s sticking you smack it to free it up.
    The world overnight is no longer getting smacked (as much) so perhaps the increased West coast quakes are as a result of this?

I’m sure lots of observations will be made due to the world wide shutdown that scientists will be making for years to come.

Eric

Post Likes
    All I know is if something’s sticking you smack it to free it up.
    The world overnight is no longer getting smacked (as much) so perhaps the increased West coast quakes are as a result of this?

I’m sure lots of observations will be made due to the world wide shutdown that scientists will be making for years to come.

The article I linked to mentions that they can hear Seismic activity better without the 'human vibration'. According to your link, The majority of quakes are small ones, so maybe it's activity that otherwise wouldn't be detected. Speculation on my part.
    Dem=Washington Democrat

Post Likes
    The article I linked to mentions that they can hear Seismic activity better without the 'human vibration'. According to your link, The majority of quakes are small ones, so maybe it's activity that otherwise wouldn't be detected. Speculation on my part.

What I linked to shows all quakes over a certain magnitude (1.5 perhaps) over the last week in this given area.

I watch it daily hoping to spot a trend that will result in a substantial quake in my area (don’t like surprises).

As I stated, it seems like activity has increased substantially & I’m just wondering if what you’ve posted (reduction of man made Seismic) has any bearing on this.

As I’ve stated, scientist will have lots to look at as of a result of this Unprecedented occurrence (World shutdown).

Post Likes
    What I linked to shows all quakes over a certain magnitude (1.5 perhaps) over the last week in this given area.

I watch it daily hoping to spot a trend that will result in a substantial quake in my area (don’t like surprises).

As I stated, it seems like activity has increased substantially & I’m just wondering if what you’ve posted (reduction of man made Seismic) has any bearing on this.

As I’ve stated, scientist will have lots to look at as of a result of this Unprecedented occurrence (World shutdown).
    So does that mean that I should dis-continue my daily "jumping up and down" daily activity to make China shake as a useless activity?

LOL, Thread gone bonkers.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6form%3dMOZTSB
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    So does that mean that I should dis-continue my daily "jumping up and down" daily activity to make China shake as a useless activity?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6form%3dMOZTSB
    Anything you choose to do... to make life less comfortable for the CCP govt... is fine with me...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

7. Likes ESokoloff liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

I can’t figure out how to directly post these & discretionary viewing as may offend some (I’m learning)
    Jenny Morris® (@JennyMorrisChef) Tweeted:
    Made in China..... https://t.co/dW1d677XFR
    Eric

Post Likes
    So I heard the media is now resorting to using dolls !
    WTF
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    More perspective:

In my state, the 2018-2019 flu season resulted in:

Flu (2018-2019):

• 139,000 cases
    • 14,000 hospitalizations
    • 1400 deaths

Corona statistics (for my state, updated Apr 5):

• 13, 010 cases
    • 1803 hospitalizations
    • 477 deaths

I get that CV isn't finished yet, but I find it difficult to believe that CV statistics will surpass those of my state for last year. The point being that we have a viral killer amongst us each and every year that takes at least as great a toll. We just aren't statistically updated every 5 mins.
    Dem=Washington Democrat

Post Likes
    But, But, but, the brown eye hurricane is coming. Isn't that what we are told?

Post Likes
    Kool-Aid 5¢

Post Likes
    Sure; yes - I know that The Big Finale is still coming / this thing is just getting started.

And yes; I have heard that I should ignore basic math and consider percentages and perspective as nonsense while using the 'actual numbers of victims' as my only Mantra of belief.

But I gotta tell you: I am just not that good. I find that I just cannot toe this mark. I find myself apparently completely incapable of dis-remembering those long ago arithmetic lessons. I am starting to consider hating myself for it though - so there is still Hope that I will come around. <g>

PHM
    -----------

More perspective:

Flu (2018-2019):

• 139,000 cases
    • 1400 deaths

• 13, 010 cases
    • 1803 hospitalizations
    • 477 deaths

I get that CV isn't finished yet, but I find it difficult to believe that CV statistics will surpass those of my state for last year. The point being that we have a viral killer amongst us each and every year that takes at least as great a toll. We just aren't statistically updated every 5 mins.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    More perspective:

Flu (2018-2019):

• 139,000 cases
    • 1400 deaths

• 13, 010 cases
    • 1803 hospitalizations
    • 477 deaths

My grandparents said the advent of TV would make sheep and fools of the average citizen...

It would appear... as usual...
    The older generation was and is smarter than us young bucks...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

15. Likes vin lashon, Tool-Slinger liked this post.
Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104 ... LastLast