959 Confirmed U.S. cases, 28 deaths, 8 recovered

Post Likes
    Yikes... Not good.
    Males over fifty are at highest risk of death as well

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The flu is still a much larger concern:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

Probably best to stay in the habit of washing hands often, etc.

4. Likes EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    The total has doubled since this morning:

959 Confirmed U.S. cases, 28 deaths, 8 recovered
    Yes, too many are ignoring this event. I'm trying like hell to stay away from folks, its just not a good idea to mingle, especially when your my age. Actually considering my age I dont have any medical problems, except my two back surgeries, the first one got all screwed up, and some years later had it re done. And then some months later a blood vessel broke and messed with my memory, I'm getting it back, but its hell and taking its time.

Otherwise I'm ok and hoping to survive this mess.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Yes, too many are ignoring this event. I'm trying like hell to stay away from folks, its just not a good idea to mingle, especially when your my age. Actually considering my age I dont have any medical problems, except my two back surgeries, the first one got all screwed up, and some years later had it re done. And then some months later a blood vessel broke and messed with my memory, I'm getting it back, but its hell and taking its time.

Otherwise I'm ok and hoping to survive this mess.

Roy
    I'm doing the same. Can't always avoid others, but I keep a bottle of hand sanitizers in my vehicles. Sorry to hear about the blood vessel thing. Hang in there.

Post Likes
    I'm doing the same. Can't always avoid others, but I keep a bottle of hand sanitizers in my vehicles. Sorry to hear about the blood vessel thing. Hang in there.
    I just recently turned 76 and my sister had her 80 birthday yesterday and shes doing A1. I'm hoping I make it as far as she has...lol.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

8. Likes vin lashon, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes

This is the 'super flu'.
    When you speak of flu deaths.. you are talking about all flus..so it's not a fair comparison.
    There is a two week lag rate in the spread rate as well
    This is one virus with a high percentage of death rate.
    Created in the lab... not a mutation of an existing flu.
    Symptoms don't show for two weeks...but yet you can still pass it on to others.
    Washing hands seems kinda help someone from spreading it but not so much as getting it... Those door and faucet handles will have the virus on them.
    It's also airborne and you can get it just by being in proximity of an infected person.
    Italy is going on lock down...China is on lockdown in much of the nation.
    Mexico only has one reported location...
    The Mexicans may run home just to avoid the Corona lol

Post Likes

Yeah, but the Coronavirus is much more contagious and has a higher mortality rate. The other thing too is like the epidemic with the Spanish Flu, there’s the possibility of the virus mutating and becoming even more deadly. It’s important that it gets nipped in the bud, which is why countries are scrambling to contain it. Once it starts sweeping through impoverished communities in undeveloped countries, there’s probably going to be a lot of lives lost.

Post Likes
    1 positive case here in town. Hospitals are pre screening people coming into the building. Cutting down visitors etc...

They shut schools down sometimes for the flu.. bet they already have plans in place to do it with this corona bug.

I keep that 90 percent alcohol on the truck. Like rubbing alcohol but 90 percent or something.

Lot of nasty houses here and drains. Use scrubs to clean and then a good rinse with alcohol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    1 positive case here in town. Hospitals are pre screening people coming into the building. Cutting down visitors etc...

They shut schools down sometimes for the flu.. bet they already have plans in place to do it with this corona bug.

I keep that 90 percent alcohol on the truck. Like rubbing alcohol but 90 percent or something.

Lot of nasty houses here and drains. Use scrubs to clean and then a good rinse with alcohol.
    Alcohol in an antiseptic and isn't a microbicidal or antiviral. Alcohol might give a false sense of confidence.
    There are hand wipes that have more effective chemicals. A 10% chlorine bleach is what the hospitals and ER's use to kill. Alcohol is for drinking or sanitizing. No, don't drink rubbing alcohol, drink mouthwash instead. Bourbon's better.
    Hand wipes probably have less skin irritants than alcohol but check to see they are antiviral or just use soap. Wash bad guys down the drain. I still buy the ol' Ivory soap. 99/44 100% pure...And it floats. This will make no sense to anyone under 50.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Let us know if you come down with the virus corn. Yeah. Heck I'll even start a thread for you "Our corn has the Corona Virus".

We'll get a flower fund going for ya. LOL. Might need to disinfect your home by burning it down. Yeah. Keep us informed don't you know. Thank you, thank you very much

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Let us know if you come down with the virus corn. Yeah. Heck I'll even start a thread for you "Our corn has the Corona Virus".

We'll get a flower fund going for ya. LOL. Might need to disinfect your home by burning it down. Yeah. Keep us informed don't you know. Thank you, thank you very much
    He probably wants access to Corona so he can make people suffer before throwing them in the chipper

15. Likes Zman59 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hey if any of ya'll catch the virus , just know I will stand behind you the whole way

from behind the keyboard ....

Page 1 of 151 123456781151101 ... LastLast