Page 133 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3383123126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140143 ... LastLast
Results 1,717 to 1,729 of 1934

Thread: Corona Virus

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Yes, I would agree that voting by mail is more vulnerable to fraud but only slightly. I think that even it being more vulnerable that if there is any fraud it will still be negligible & would not effect the outcome of the election. I am opposed to voting by mail without a good valid excuse for not being able to go to the polls to vote. Real or imagined this virus can have a huge impact on people who are afraid to go to the polls for health reasons.
    IMO the risk of Americans not feeling save enough to vote outweighs the risk of any fear of fraud that might occur. If the election is close to where a few hundred votes make the difference then it's possible voter fraud could effect the outcome but that is highly improbable. Even then that doesn't mean there ever was any voter fraud at all. It's just one more excuse for Trump have in his arsenal if things don't go his way.
    One more attempt by Trump to hide the truth from the American people while his supporters follow him all the way down the road.
    Gary not to pick on you but a serious question. You have voiced opposition to Trump on a continuous basis, that is fine I have no problem with it, it is your right. With as strongly as you feel about Trump would that stop you from going to the polls even if the virus infections start going up in your area? If one does not have that kind of conviction about their vote how much do they really know about who they are voting for or against as the case may be? There are reports of people in the middle East that work their way past gangs with guns to get to the polls to vote and we can't go because of a illness with a 99+% survival rate?

I talked with my mail man the a while back. When I send out an invoice to a customer in town that envelope goes to the PO, gets loaded on a truck shipped 100 miles, gets sorted, rebundled, put back on the truck and shipped back to the local PO where it is sorted again to get to the area postman. He was telling me about a letter that just needed to go across town. It made the trip the 100 miles then was sent to AZ, no such address so it came back. It got run through again, went back to AZ, no such address, came all the way back again. This time they hand wrote the zip and crossed out the electronic stuff, it made a third trip to AZ. When it came back they just bypassed protocol and handed it to the carrier for delivery over a month after it was first mailed. And this is the system you trust with your vote? As a side note we wonder why the Postal Service is always in the red!

Post Likes
    Voter fraud is not something the courts take lightly & I don't think either party would risk going to jail just to win a presidential election. There might be a few crazy radicals from either side willing to do so but I just don't see it being a concern. If there is any voter fraud there is just as much chance it will favor Trump than it will the Democrats especially with the Russians on Trump's side. When you're looking at numbers like around 125 million people voting I can't see just a few nuts making a difference in the outcome.
    Tell that to Comey et al. They're about to pay a price for exactly that.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem = the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to a systemically corrupt ideology

How to apply for Professional Membership

Post Likes
    Voter fraud is not something the courts take lightly & I don't think either party would risk going to jail just to win a presidential election. There might be a few crazy radicals from either side willing to do so but I just don't see it being a concern. If there is any voter fraud there is just as much chance it will favor Trump than it will the Democrats especially with the Russians on Trump's side. When you're looking at numbers like around 125 million people voting I can't see just a few nuts making a difference in the outcome.
    Oh, I am sure there will be more than a few DEMs voting.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Gary not to pick on you but a serious question. You have voiced opposition to Trump on a continuous basis, that is fine I have no problem with it, it is your right. With as strongly as you feel about Trump would that stop you from going to the polls even if the virus infections start going up in your area? If one does not have that kind of conviction about their vote how much do they really know about who they are voting for or against as the case may be? There are reports of people in the middle East that work their way past gangs with guns to get to the polls to vote and we can't go because of a illness with a 99+% survival rate?

I talked with my mail man the a while back. When I send out an invoice to a customer in town that envelope goes to the PO, gets loaded on a truck shipped 100 miles, gets sorted, rebundled, put back on the truck and shipped back to the local PO where it is sorted again to get to the area postman. He was telling me about a letter that just needed to go across town. It made the trip the 100 miles then was sent to AZ, no such address so it came back. It got run through again, went back to AZ, no such address, came all the way back again. This time they hand wrote the zip and crossed out the electronic stuff, it made a third trip to AZ. When it came back they just bypassed protocol and handed it to the carrier for delivery over a month after it was first mailed. And this is the system you trust with your vote? As a side note we wonder why the Postal Service is always in the red!
    If I thought my vote could make a difference there is nothing that could stop me from going to the polls to get rid of Trump. You forget about the electoral system which nullifies my vote since I'm in the Red state of SC. Knowing my vote doesn't count I just go to the polls for the principle of exercising my right to vote as do millions of others all through the country who assume their vote will not count either. I'm not really that worried about the virus so I don't see it stopping me from voting but who knows what it will be like in November. It could be completely gone or it could be worse than it is now.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    DOJ intervenes in case challenging Illinois coronavirus restrictions, says governor went too far

Excerpt:

The DOJ filed a statement of interest in support of a lawsuit by state lawmaker Rep. Darren Bailey, who has sought to challenge Pritzker’s stay-at-home restrictions -- challenging whether he can keep the restrictions in place longer than the 30 days allowed by state law.

“In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Governor of Illinois has, over the past two months, sought to rely on authority under the Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act to impose sweeping limitations on nearly all aspects of life for citizens of Illinois, significantly impairing in some instances their ability to maintain their economic livelihoods,” the agency said in a statement.

Continuing, the DOJ said: “According to the lawsuit, the Governor’s actions are not authorized by state law, as they extend beyond the 30-day time period imposed by the Illinois legislature for the Governor’s exercise of emergency powers granted under the Act.”
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem = the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to a systemically corrupt ideology

How to apply for Professional Membership

Post Likes
    Lol, all I keep reading is blah, blah, blah get rid of trump...no reasons why or proof he must be gotten rid of..
    Next might be blah, blah, blah...because I said so...blah blah blah Canada is too cold, blah blah blah, I don’t speak Spanish so Mexico not an opinion...blah blah blah...
    ROFLAMO!

Post Likes
    As read in another online article comment..

A former judge of elections from Philadelphia has pleaded guilty to fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes and accepting bribes to tamper with election results, according to the Justice Department.

Domenick J. DeMuro, 73, served as an election official who oversaw the election process and voter activities in his division. Prosecutors say that during 2014, 2015, and 2016, DeMuro had fraudulently added votes for Democratic candidates—in a process known as “ringing up” votes—in return for monetary payments.

DeMuro admitted that he received the payments from a political consultant who would give a cut of his clients “consultant fees” to DeMuro in return for influencing election results. DeMuro would receive between $300 to $5,000 per election from the consultant to “ring up” votes for the consultant’s clients and preferred candidates. He would later falsely certify that the voting machine results were accurate.

These candidates were running for judicial office or were running for various federal, state, and local elective offices.

Post Likes
    And another comment says...

They should of asked Biden about this: (would love to see him tap dance around this one)
    A Ukrainian lawmaker has released audio recordings of private phone calls between former Vice President Joe Biden and former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in which Biden congratulated Poroshenko for firing Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin.

“Congratulations on getting the new prosecutor general. I know there is a lot more that has to be done, but I really, I really think that’s good,” Biden said in the audio recording from May 13, 2016. “And I’m a man of my word. And now that the new prosecutor general is in place, we’re ready to move forward in signing that new $1 billion loan guarantee,” Biden said.
    Poroshenko said he wanted to thank Biden for securing the loan.

“I want to thank you that you give me your word that immediately when we change the legislation and I appoint the new prosecutor general, and it would be Yuriy Lutsenko as we agreed on our previous meeting in Washington and when it happen, we can have this loan guarantee,” Poroshenko said.

Post Likes
    He doesn’t have to tap dance around it. Biden was acting in the best interests of the Ukrainian people... he was acting at the request of the US government... the Ukrainian people... the world bank.. many European nations.

That prosecutor was dirty.. he wasn’t doing his job... and everyone wanted him out.

It’s all common knowledge... and the reason why the whole Biden thing is not going to generate any more than some tweets and slogans.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Oprah/Greta 2020

Post Likes
    Hmmmm in another comment..
    New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet said on Monday that the paper made a controversial change to its report on the sexual-assault allegation against presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden after his campaign complained about the wording.
    In an interview with Times media columnist Ben Smith, Baquet said the Biden campaign took issue with some of the phrasing in the paper’s report on former Senate staffer Tara Reade’s allegation that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993.
    “No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of reporting, nor did any former Biden staff members corroborate any details of Ms. Reade’s allegation,” the report read. “The Times found no pattern of seThe Biden campaign talking points, which were first reported by BuzzFeed News, instruct supporters to describe the candidate as a “fierce advocate for women” who has never faced any “complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct.” The talking points also inaccurately suggested that an investigation by The New York Times this month found that “this incident did not happen.”h asked Baquet. “Why did you do that?”
    The Biden campaign talking points, which were first reported by BuzzFeed News, instruct supporters to describe the candidate as a “fierce advocate for women” who has never faced any “complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct.” The talking points also inaccurately suggested that an investigation by The New York Times this month found that “this incident did not happen.”
    In recent months, Biden has taken steps that appear to show he understands how a commitment to representation and equity might resonate with women, who make up the majority of voters for Democratic candidates. He has pledged to pick a woman as a running mate and nominate a black woman to the Supreme Court.
    One of the women, Lynda LaCasse, a former neighbor of Reade’s, said in an interview with The Times on Tuesday that Reade told her around 1995 about her encounter with Biden. LaCasse said she and Reade had been discussing their experiences with abuse and violence when Reade mentioned Biden.
    “She said that he put her up against the wall and he put his hand up her skirt and he put his fingers inside her,” LaCasse said, adding that Reade “was devastated. She sounded really upset. She was crying.
    Me thinks Biden the DNC and democrats in general are either unwitting dupes or complete and total crisis actors who will say and do anything based solely on percieved political advantage. They roll out the same old props every election cycle : black voter disenfranchisement,war on women yada yada yada !
    xual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable.”
    The Times subsequently deleted the second half of that sentence, eliminating the description of Biden’s conduct to which women have previously objected.
    “I want to ask about some edits that were made after publication, the deletion of the second half of the sentence,” Smith said: Why did you do that !

Post Likes
    Then in another comment..

"As she leans into her history as a survivor of sexual violence, Russo is aligning herself with a powerful element of the Democratic Party’s identity in the #MeToo era: That it is the party for women, by women. Over the last three years, many Democrats expressed a zero-tolerance stand on sexual misconduct."

So where is the #Me Too movement's support of Tara Reade, who accused Joe Biden of sexual assault ? Are they only vocal when it's a Republican being accused of something ?

Post Likes
    Oh look another comment..

the wimins and the democrats walked into this one. #pound me too was shown to be a political card they can play or withdraw at any time to: effect a a payout; coerce a settlement; get an acting job; get revenge; get attention; just because of a vindictive temperment; it is so they can reserve the right to accuse a man of anything at anytime at any place. you see the double standard the way the media and the liberals didn't apply biden's own "believe all women comment". sure.

"90% of women are lying. The other half aren't telling the truth" - Joe Biden
    Hmmm....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    So you think people should risk their lives in order to vote? Listen, I tend to agree that CV has been blown out of proportion, and I don't take any precautions beyond what is required other than hand washing... but there is a valid reason Americans would be afraid to go to in-person voting during CV. I know the evil right keeps repeating the voter fraud stuff... because they know it riles guys like you up. But Gary is right... while there is corruption in everything save God... there is zero proof voter fraud tips the scale in either direction.

Page 133 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3383123126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140143 ... LastLast