Post Likes

AAON VCMX WSHP Tulsa loop water shutdown

Please check my thinking on this but I'm not finding a way to positively shut the unit down on loop a water not OK situation. Am I blind or is this some sort of gross oversite? Best I can come up with is what we have been doing all along which is forcing unoccupied and sticking the unocc setpoints at max 30.

Points all come in as S_VcmxWshpTulsa[000].xxxxx, think this is the manual for it: https://www.aaon.com/Documents/PreGe...ET-TGD-01M.pdf

These are the only writeable points in discovery;

Name:  aaonVCMX.png
Views: 75
Size:  28.3 KB

Post Likes
    Not familiar with the device, but have to trying mucking with the Device Object? Try screwing around with the System Status state. It's a long-shot, you're probably doing all you can with this interface unfortunately.

Post Likes
    That's an interesting idea. Being this is a translator box (fieldserver?) I'm kinda thinking it won't do anything though.

The other replies got lost in the forum rollback. There was speculation the schedule force point should shut it down in addition to just going unoccupied but the state definitions didn't lead me to that conclusion.

Fortunately some timing adjustments in adding delays to the loop water OK signal solved about everything for the customer. I'm still wondering what happens if it is unocc and zone temp wanders past the setpoint setback (max 30).

I was also told by the service tech there is a water flow switch in these somewhere. I didn't look or see it myself but even if it's there it didn't stop them from locking out on high head all the time.

Post Likes
    Ah, glad you got it figured out. I go searching for zero replies for neglected questions, thought you were out all alone here