Post Likes

charging a newly purchased 25 ton air cooled chiller

My company purchased a used 25 ton mcqauy air cooled chiller it came pressurized with nitrogen so i released the nitrogen and pulled a 1000 micron vacuum and began my charge procedure with r-22 all started well approx 3-4 mins in the comp. trips i assume its the low pressure safty but now its at 50psi suction and 180 discharge and the comp and cond. fan keeps cycling on for 2 min then off for 2 min then on again i have checked freeze stat, oil pressure switch, sight glass, everything checks out but cant figure out why its cycling

Post Likes
    If it is tripping on the low pressure safety, you should be able to see that with a meter.

I really hate to tell you this, but you need to call someone qualified to work on that piece of equipment. We're not supposed to walk you through certain things, like electrical, because you could cause irreparable damage to the equipment or yourself.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Download the manual and read it, what’s the fluid your chilling, how is that part set up? Is the evaporator plate removable to check. What type of unloadeders do you have on the compressor(s)

Replaced the drier(s)

Post Likes
    Tell us a little about yourself. Are you a service tech, what’s your background, have you worked on other chillers?

You have to understand, this is an open forum. Anyone can come ask questions about expensive equipment. Like it or not, this site is corporate owned and has rules regarding proving troubleshooting assistance that could cause equipment damage.

Post Likes
    He gone.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    thank you for all your in put, its tripping time delay 1 due to oil pressure switch

Post Likes
    my 3 phase wire con. needed to be swap.