Post Likes

Daikin multi-split doubt

Hello all,
    I have at my home one multi-split Daikin system. In exterior I have 3MXS68G3V1B (R410A) and in interior I have one FTXS60GV1B. I installed thinking in future upgrade and that moment arrived now. I am thinking for the additional interior unit the FTXS20K. The installer I have contacted put me talking with the firm engineer. Here is the question. The engineer told me that the actual installation it is not correct because I have one multi-split unit with one mono-split. That the FTXS20K is not compatible and later he will sent me a proposal with a compatible interior unit. I have no experience and knowledge but I am asking fo your opinion about the "installation it is not correct" and FTXS compatibility. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Most minis if the correct components are connected they wont work. There's a whole lot of communicating going on between the indoor and outdoor units.

Post Likes
    Thank you pecmsg. The AC is working fine in winter and summer from 4 years until now. I do not understand why the installation it is not correct. I can not see logical reason for the initial installer not to install compatible devices because I installed new devices (not used). But I do not think that the engineer is wrong also.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ruimvp View Post
    Thank you pecmsg. The AC is working fine in winter and summer from 4 years until now. I do not understand why the installation it is not correct. I can not see logical reason for the initial installer not to install compatible devices because I installed new devices (not used). But I do not think that the engineer is wrong also.
    Not sure if this is the case, but may times things change from year to year and old does not work with new.

We have had systems be "obsolete" within a year!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Thank you pacnw. In this case the Daikin 3MXS68G3V1B (R410A) and the FTXS60GV1B units were installed together in 2015 (why engineer say that they are not correct together?). In the present I want to upgrade with a compatible unit (thinking in FTXS20K). Why FTXS20K is not compatible? I have no knowledge to understand this by my own, but if explained for sure I will understand. Thank you.