Post Likes

Remote Monitoring for Commercial HVAC-R

Of the commercial HVAC-R teams purchasing remote monitoring hardware, where does the asset data appear? Are you using the sensor's software, or is the data landing in the internal CMMS tool?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Solve View Post
    Of the commercial HVAC-R teams purchasing remote monitoring hardware, where does the asset data appear? Are you using the sensor's software, or is the data landing in the internal CMMS tool?
    Various ways, depends what system your building is using. My building at one point had 3 different systems, distech, delta and ALC. With Delta I logged into an actual program where i can see all my IO's and other data. Through ALC/ Distech I would type in the corresponding IP address then log in to the web interface.

Post Likes
    Hmm interesting. Was there ever a need to view this data in context with a client's record (billing, outstanding work orders/tickets, email communication)?

Post Likes
    Maybe? that is something I have never been asked. Like I said, there are some real wizards on here so just wait a couple hours and I am sure youll get the answers you are seeking.

Post Likes
    I have done tenant billing. It can be done with meter readings and corresponding charges and such.
    I have a guy I work with who has done a WO dispatch system with Schneider. Assigning work orders based on alarms that come in. Seems fraught to me as some sites have a lot of nuisance alarms, but he said it worked good.
    You looking for examples like that?
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    I'm going to as for clarification on this. By some definitions the building management system is the remote monitoring software and has that data, they can all handle various forms notifications also. There are various ways to get the data out for pretty much all BMS systems, though I think rarely would a single solution fit all systems.

Hmm interesting. Was there ever a need to view this data in context with a client's record (billing, outstanding work orders/tickets, email communication)?
    It is a very small percentage of business for us but every once in a while we get a client pulling alarms out via email, http requests, or SNMP traps for work order type info. A little more common to run reports to collect data that would be billing involved like tenant overrides or usage collection.