Post Likes

Carrier original vs wifi thermostat replacement.

Was trying to replace carrier infinity thermostat systxccuid01-b with ecobee. Ecobee did not work and kept blowing the fuse. I was reading that it's not compatible and some features will not work on the ecobee. I was looking at carrier thermostat systxccitc01-b. Is it a direct replacement or the system has to be rewired as well.

Thank you.

Michael

Post Likes
    The Carrier Infinity control is a 4 wire DC communicating thermostat. If you want an Ecobee the control wiring at the furnace, and possibly the outdoor unit, will need to be changed. The systxccitc01-b is a direct replacement communicating thermostat.

Post Likes
    Would you reccomend going with ecobee or the carrier wifi thermostat?

Post Likes
    My vote is stay with the Infinity.

Post Likes
    I'd stay with the Infinity as well.

Post Likes
    Stay with the original or it's worth getting the wifi version?

Post Likes
    The newer Infinity control has no more system control features than the old one so you really don't gain any efficiency with a replacement.

How important is remote connectivity to you? If this is in a second home or you travel a lot it may be worth the investment, otherwise it's nothing more than a high priced toy to play with for a little while. I upgraded from the old Infinity vertical to a wifi model at my house and quickly saw no real use for the remote access. I run a very basic program and it hasn't varied that much in the last 12 years the system has been installed, so having the app was nothing more than "cool".

Post Likes
    It's for an existing home. Will stick to original one for now then. Thank you for the help. Is it worth in investing in smart vents to control the room temperature?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike98789 View Post
    Is it worth in investing in smart vents to control the room temperature?
    No!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
    The newer Infinity control has no more system control features than the old one so you really don't gain any efficiency with a replacement.

How important is remote connectivity to you? If this is in a second home or you travel a lot it may be worth the investment, otherwise it's nothing more than a high priced toy to play with for a little while. I upgraded from the old Infinity vertical to a wifi model at my house and quickly saw no real use for the remote access. I run a very basic program and it hasn't varied that much in the last 12 years the system has been installed, so having the app was nothing more than "cool".
    WiFi use for most is just "keeping up with the Jones' ". any why the Jones' needed it in the first place is beyond me.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ