Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes

Kobe Bryant Dead

Kobe died in the crash of his private helicopter.

Breaking: Kobe Bryant Reportedly Killed In Helicopter Crash

The sports icon died aboard his private helicopter while it was flying over Calabasas and crashed.
    Kobe Bryant, a 20-year guard for the Los Angeles Lakers and five-time NBA champion among many other sports laurels, has died, ABC7 has reported. He was 41.

The sports icon and Oscar winner died aboard his private helicopter while it was flying over Calabasas and crashed, starting a fire, according to TMZ Sports. Five people including Bryant died in the crash, which is under investigation.
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

Post Likes
    Yeah and it's all over the news and even Fox phrased him and said he was a great player and dad and did everything "right".

No mention of the creditable rape case against him in 2003 in Colorado which was dropped when the young girl refused to testify against him when she received death threats.

She got paid off for an undisclosed sum. I don't think he should be phrased like that anymore than Pittsburgh's quarterback who has gotten away with two rapes so far. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Pretty out of line response Glenn. His daughter was with him as well. Stick to politics, buddy.

Post Likes
    His daughter, his daughters teammate, the parent of the teammate and the pilot also were killed.
    They were on their way to his daughters basketball game.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Pretty out of line response Glenn. His daughter was with him as well. Stick to politics, buddy.
    So you know Kobe? I'm sorry it his daughter was killed but that doesn't change what he's done in the past. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    NBA paid that gal off. Paid her off real good.

Kobe had all kinds of dirt on other players and would have done some talkin if he went down.

Post Likes
    The world weeps for Kobe.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So you know Kobe? I'm sorry it his daughter was killed but that doesn't change what he's done in the past. Thank you very much
    Of course not but we all have some things we would love to take back. He was young at the time and I bet you he wishes he could take it back more than anything in the world. He obviously used it as a turning point in his life. His wife stuck by him and they had 4 children together. You never heard anything after that incident. He grew up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Yeah... didn't think sufficient time passed to express my honest opinion of rich elitist ball players. But your right, it is tragic 8 others including his daughter were killed.

Thread hijack:

Did you guys hear what a MS-DNC talking head said? Video posted in link below.

MSNBC Anchor Says “N*ggers” Instead of “Lakers” While Reporting Kobe Bryant’s Death (VIDEO)

Who wants to wager the regressive MS-DNC doesn't get fired?

"Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
    Yeah... didn't think sufficient time passed to express my honest opinion of rich elitist ball players. But your right, it is tragic 8 others including his daughter were killed.

Thread hijack:

MSNBC Anchor Says “N*ggers” Instead of “Lakers” While Reporting Kobe Bryant’s Death (VIDEO)

You can bet your last $...

That if it was on Fox or OAN... it would be a national outrage...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post

Thread hijack:

Well Biodiesel I have no problem with them phrasing Kobe for being on the the best ever basketball players and that he was a great dad and helped his community but to say as they have on some stations including Fox that he was the ideal role model and the guy was almost a saint pissed me off.

How many of us here would have had to served about 10 years or more for a forced rape of a young teenage girl but for your millions and fame were able to walk? How many here have ever committed rape or another capital crime? I'm no saint but I have never committed a crime and only have had speeding tickets (quite a few I will say) and one false DUI charge in my life 40 years ago.

I have done my best not to harm others especially those who have never harmed me other than doing my duty in Nam while obeying the rules of warfare according to the Geneva convention and I did feel sorry for the poor basters I was shooting at but we are all playing the same game there with them shooting at me and I did get wounded.

PS I feel even more strongly against the Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger who has skated on two credible rape charges.

Anyhow she was raped and their was sufficient evidence to go to trial but she at the last minute refused to go to trial. Here is the story. Yeah. Thank you very much

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_B...l_assault_case

In addition to the woman's moral character and reputation being challenged by Bryant's defense lawyer, she received death threats and hate mail[18] and her identity was leaked multiple times.[19]
    On September 1, 2004, Eagle County District Judge Terry Ruckriegle dismissed the charges against Bryant, after prosecutors spent more than $200,000 preparing for trial, because his accuser informed them that she was unwilling to testify.[20]
    On the same day that the criminal case was dismissed, Bryant issued the following statement through his attorney:
    First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.
    I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.
    I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.[21]

Civil case

In August 2004, the accuser filed a civil lawsuit against Bryant over the incident.[22] In March 2005, the two parties settled that lawsuit. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed to the public.[23] The Los Angeles Times reported that legal experts estimated the settlement was more than $2.5 million.[24]
    Last edited by glennac; 01-27-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Dudes plastered all over the internet and TV probly for a week solid

Why ??

He could toss a ball into a hoop. Oh WOW your soooooooooo amazing

Wanna impress me , come fix this Commerical AC when its 100 outside with 5 more calls screaming at you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Dudes plastered all over the internet and TV probly for a week solid

Why ??

He could toss a ball into a hoop. Oh WOW your soooooooooo amazing

Wanna impress me , come fix this Commerical AC when its 100 outside with 5 more calls screaming at you
    Exactly!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast