+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coil Pressure Drop

Post Likes

Coil Pressure Drop

When setting flow rate through a coil using the manufactures pressure drop vs. flow, do they take in account the difference in height between the entering and leaving pressure ports or does it not matter?

My pea brain seems to think that if there was a difference of 4 feet between the entering and leaving pressure ports that you would have to compensate for it. Never have, just always have wondered this.

Post Likes
    The manufacturers are giving you the resistance to flow only and that's what you are trying to measure. My gages will read differential pressure but I still locate the meter at the coil height mid point. Water has weight that has to be accounted for.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=WAYNE3298;25839114]The manufacturers are giving you the resistance to flow only and that's what you are trying to measure. My gages will read differential pressure but I still locate the meter at the coil height mid point. Water has weight that has to be accounted for.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your response. It seems to me that setting your gauge at mid-point of the coil would minimize the influence of the pressure tap height locations.

Post Likes
    The mid point does compensate. You do the same thing for pumps. One place it usually makes a big difference is on dry cooling towers.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in