+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GE Zonline wont power up

Post Likes

Hmm GE Zonline wont power up

First this unit has been taken out of service. The initial problem was the blower motor would cut out. After some checks determined the control board was cutting the power to the motor. I replaced control board and now the unit wont power up.
    I have checked at the plug and at the control board. I have 240 volts but the transformer is loosing a leg. I unplugged the transformer and checked at the board. This is a GE Zoneline heat pump PTAC model #AZ65H15DABW1. I have checked the inline fuse and I do have continuity across it. The connections seem tight and I see no broken wires.
    I have even brought in someone more knowledgeable than me and they weren't able to figure it out. Thinking the new board was defective, I put the old board back in, it still wouldn't power up. I called GE and was told they have no dedicated tech support. I haven't been able to find a wiring schematic for this unit what I have only shows plug connections on the board.
    At this point I figure the problem is somewhere in the wiring, but I have been unable to locate. My theory right now is that somewhere was a wire that was frail and the pulling of the unit to replace the board finished it off but Ill be dogged if I can locate. At this point I just need another direction to look.At this point its personal. I figure if it happens once it will happen again that is why I want to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Before you plug the unit in - what do the molex pins and sockets look like? Clean and all pins the same length ?

PHM
    -------

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    First this unit has been taken out of service. The initial problem was the blower motor would cut out. After some checks determined the control board was cutting the power to the motor. I replaced control board and now the unit wont power up.
    I have checked at the plug and at the control board. I have 240 volts but the transformer is loosing a leg. I unplugged the transformer and checked at the board. This is a GE Zoneline heat pump PTAC model #AZ65H15DABW1. I have checked the inline fuse and I do have continuity across it. The connections seem tight and I see no broken wires.
    I have even brought in someone more knowledgeable than me and they weren't able to figure it out. Thinking the new board was defective, I put the old board back in, it still wouldn't power up. I called GE and was told they have no dedicated tech support. I haven't been able to find a wiring schematic for this unit what I have only shows plug connections on the board.
    At this point I figure the problem is somewhere in the wiring, but I have been unable to locate. My theory right now is that somewhere was a wire that was frail and the pulling of the unit to replace the board finished it off but Ill be dogged if I can locate. At this point I just need another direction to look.At this point its personal. I figure if it happens once it will happen again that is why I want to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Yes they are clean and the same length. At this point all I know is that for some reason I am loosing a leg.

Post Likes
    This is a GE Zoneline heat pump PTAC model #AZ65H15DABW1.

I haven't been able to find a wiring schematic for this unit what I have only shows plug connections on the board.
    Check your email.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Got it thanks and greatly appreciated. Hopefully Ill be able to track down the issue.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    And don't forget to post the results here afterwards.

PHM
    -------

Got it thanks and greatly appreciated. Hopefully Ill be able to track down the issue.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    1-800-GE-CARES

Post Likes
    below 45 degrees in the room???

Post Likes
    Try a different cord yet.
    Building I take care of has the az39 units and just a few of the 65 so I don’t have many hours on the 65.

The 39 though, have multiple boards on the unit, is that the case with the 65? The 39 has the main board and then had the board for the controls. Could you be losing it at the second board possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the help. Jbhenergy I did try a different cord because I had one on hand. I had 240V on the cord as well as going into the board. I had posted the solution, but when this site went back to old format that post didn't survive. What I found was that I am a bigger MORAN than I thought. On the main board I reversed the wires going to the DLB relay. Once I fixed that the unit powered up and is running properly. I have replaced alot of those boards with no problems, on this one I apparently brain farted.

Now to the 39 you referced, I dont have any of those but the 65 has 2 boards, 1 is the UI and the other is the main board.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the help. Jbhenergy I did try a different cord because I had one on hand. I had 240V on the cord as well as going into the board. I had posted the solution, but when this site went back to old format that post didn't survive. What I found was that I am a bigger MORAN than I thought. On the main board I reversed the wires going to the DLB relay. Once I fixed that the unit powered up and is running properly. I have replaced alot of those boards with no problems, on this one I apparently brain farted.

Now to the 39 you referced, I dont have any of those but the 65 has 2 boards, 1 is the UI and the other is the main board.
    Sorry didn’t realize this was an old post. I was just browsing the Tapatalk that is now back. It was high on the list so I made an ass(u)me and thought it was recent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    No problem I didn't realize my last post to this thread didn't survive.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in