Post Likes

low propane/heat pump questions

Hello! Our propane tank is very low. Delivery is coming but curious about a couple things. We have 2 furnaces and 2 heat pumps. Is it possible to turn off furnace and just run on heat pumps? Possible to lower temp that triggers furnace? It's around 40-45 degrees here. The thermostats say aux heat on. I thought it would be warm enough to just have heat pumps running. I'll search a little more, thought this was a good place to ask. Thx! it's all Trane equipment.

Post Likes
    Good chance it’s locked out due to loss of flame.

Post Likes
    Is it possible, probably.

My crystal ball, distance vision and other all knowing/seeing devices are not working now. Would it be possible to provide information, model numbers, of your equipment and controls/thermostats?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Heat Pump Thermal Balance Point is generally in the range of 24'F to 38'F.
    Switchover to furnace could be adjusted to about 32'F.

NO information has been provided for YOUR Situations.
    ZIP _ _ _ _ _

https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com...-balance-point

ECONOMIC BALANCE POINT
    $ _._ _ / gallon propane
    $ 0._ _ / KW-HR

Equipment information and BUILDING THERMAL ENVELOPE definitions are necessary.

My gmail address: racingdan11
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities