Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: confused ?

Post Likes

confused ?

I have a problem with my furnace . I am trying to fix it myself . Can I ask questions for help or direction ? Rules are confusing . New here .

Post Likes
    Ask Our Pros-Owner Assistance - NO DIY advice will be given.

A furnace is not something a homeowner should be messing with, especially without training and proper test equipment.

Post Likes
    Ask Our Pros-Owner Assistance - NO DIY advice will be given. Assistance ? Are you coming to my home ? I do not get it ? Again new here sooooo . I am in the wrong place or just no help here at all ? New here .

Post Likes
    We are allowed to answer generic questions here for homeowners. But we aren’t permitted to give any diy instruction.
    I would suggest contacting your service provider.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    We are allowed to answer generic questions here for homeowners. But we arent permitted to give any diy instruction.
    I would suggest contacting your service provider.

Ok...I go it on my own and I am totally shocked to see this from trane . The dealer ripped me off plus he said they fill out warranties for all customers . This problem I just found was the reason my heater quit working two years ago and when I found out my dealer did not fill my warranty out. He told me to prove he said he would .

On my own at this point . 9k in my hvac system trane xr95 w/ humidifier and aircon / coil all installed at once all paid for in cash no loan 2010.

Used a wood burner most of the next 8 years so very little use in this system . Two years ago the control board was corroded . I now know it was from a leak I just found . Back then I thought it was just a corroded control board . I installed a new one since I have no warranty and heater fired right up. Fast forward two years and water under my furnace . I begin the small stuff . Clogged drain / drain hoses exhaust fan is water running down the exhaust ? into the fan and not draining ?

Moving on pull the fan plastic not cracked behind fan and I am stuck . I start to remove everything to get to the heat ex-changer because water is coming from back there . I am struggling to get the wall I will call it removed to expose the heat ex-changer . I kill all the insulation and get the pannel out . I see what looks like some evaporator coil like a radiator and the top is put on by a third grader with gasket sealer all over the place and then went to lunch with out tightening the SCREWS . For real...All the screws are less than an 1/8 of an inch from being tightened all the way around .It was never sealed JOY KELLY you are a POS .

What would you guys do in terms of not loosing your mind and trying to resolve this with no warranty and a dealer that runs when he sees you . Water is leaking out of the never sealed seal and has been since day one and was the cost of my last repair . You can see screw between plastic and aluminum .Name:  joy.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  136.7 KBName:  joy1.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  141.1 KBName:  joy2.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  140.0 KBName:  joy3.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  135.3 KB

Post Likes
    this is why we continuously state
    The contractor is the most important decision you make.

At this point find a different contractor and replace it all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    this is why we continuously state
    The contractor is the most important decision you make.

At this point find a different contractor and replace it all.
    This is a factory man made defect by JOY KELLY .Tested by joy kelly . I am prepared in the untied states that is to drive to joy kelly and shove this in her face . I am calling trane on monday and let them see joys work and let them know about the dead beat contractor .

Post Likes
    I don't care what somebody tells me, I check.

No warranty, your fault for not verifying and his for not doing so.

Looks like a factory defect, but maybe it wasn't. All mechanical devices can experience issues if not used for extended periods of time. all we have is your word, not calling you a liar, of the event.

When the first board was replaced due to corrosion, I would have done everything to find the leak/cause.
    I also, being a trained tech, would be better equipped and had the knowledge to find that leak. So as a DIYer, how much did you save by DIYing this project.

I'm not covering for Joy Kelly or your contractor, but do you blame Ford for a less than complete brake job that causes other issues when YOU did the brake job?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I don't care what somebody tells me, I check.

No warranty, your fault for not verifying and his for not doing so.

Looks like a factory defect, but maybe it wasn't. All mechanical devices can experience issues if not used for extended periods of time. all we have is your word, not calling you a liar, of the event.

When the first board was replaced due to corrosion, I would have done everything to find the leak/cause.
    I also, being a trained tech, would be better equipped and had the knowledge to find that leak. So as a DIYer, how much did you save by DIYing this project.

I'm not covering for Joy Kelly or your contractor, but do you blame Ford for a less than complete brake job that causes other issues when YOU did the brake job?
    The owner told me they fill out warranties for all customers . He did not give me the card , he took it . There was no leak present with the first board . The fan must have been drying it . No question joy kelly did not tighten the bolts . Anyone can see that . I can pour a glass of water in there and it leaks right out of the seal . The sticker says passed inspection .lol I am looking for a more of a factory defect help at this point . Not ....use a diff contractor or you do not know what you are doing . Seems I found the leak and the board install I did works just fine . Seems this site offers no help and bashing for asking . Do not reply as I am not coming back . Not a friendly site .

Post Likes
    Complain all you want.

Not happy.........replace it.
    With millions of units sold every month its the installing contractor that makes or breaks the equipment!

Post Likes
    Not a fan of Trane equipment.

If the contractor said that he would register the equipment so you get the 10 year warrantee and did not I would put some of the responsibility on him to get you fixed up.

You need to have a conversation with him and see if you can come to some agreement. I know that if I goofed up and did not register the equipment in time, I would personally make good on the parts warrantee. But that is just me.

But then again, I would never put in Trane equipment.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Generally, doesn't have to be registered to get the standard 20 year limited heat exchanger warranty.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Generally, doesn't have to be registered to get the standard 20 year limited heat exchanger warranty.
    Some states, you do not need to register to get full warrantee. I think California is one.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast