Thread: Wiring and dip switches for 2 stage and Comfort-R

Post Likes

Wiring and dip switches for 2 stage and Comfort-R

Loking for help with a couple questions I have about how my HVAC system is set up. I'm not experiencing any issue(s), but want to make sure its set up as best it can be.

1. I had my HVAC company re-wire the furnace so that the thermostat controls the staging rather than the timer on the furnace. W1 and W2 are now both connected to thermostat and furnace board. They did not change the dip switch settings that would normally control the stage timing with a singe stage thermostat. Does having W1 and W2 connected to thermostat and furnace board override the dip switch timer settings on the furnace board?

2. Cooling Delay is set for Comfort-R. I read in the manual that a jumper should be placed between Y and O on the board. There is no such jumper. Should I have them back out to add the jumper?

3. I had an Aprilaire 600 series humidifier installed. It is being controled by the Aprilaire automatic humidifier control model 60. In the furnace manual, there is mention of cutting the B/K jumper on the board. It isn't totally clear to me if this should be cut or not in my circumstance. It is not cut. Is this something I should have them back out to look at or leave as is?

Equipment:
    60,000 BTU Trane XV95 furnace
    2 Ton Trane XR13 Air conditioner
    Aprilaire 600 series humidifer with model 60 contoller
    Honeywell T9 Thermostat

Post Likes
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.

Post Likes
    The BK terminal has nothing to do with the Aprilaire automatic humidifier. It's for slowing the blower to do DEhumidify on demand with a control that support that feature.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The BK terminal has nothing to do with the Aprilaire automatic humidifier. It's for slowing the blower to do DEhumidify on demand with a control that support that feature.
    So, the B/K jumper should be left alone in my case?

As for the Y-O jumper. With it, the fan speed ramps up with more steps than without it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmarkson View Post
    1. Does having W1 and W2 connected to thermostat and furnace board override the dip switch timer settings on the furnace board?
    Yes

2. There is no such jumper. Should I have them back out to add the jumper?
    Yes
    3. ...leave as is?
    Yes
    I think Beenthere has already answered your questions.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I think Beenthere has already answered your questions.
    Yes, and thanks.
    I’ve got a call into the HVAC company.

Beyond having them out, I just like to learn and understand how and why things work. I read the manual, and noticed things were wired differently. I’m trying to learn more about what the Jumpers I asked about actually do. I think I understand the y - o jumper, but still unclear on the BK.

I’ll ask my local company too, but thought I’d throw it out on the forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in