Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Basic 1Heat 1Cool reliable Thermostat

I知 going to be stocking my truck with a handful of basic 1/1 Programmable Thermostats for AC only split systems w/ electric heat, and wanted to hear some recommendations for reliable & cost effective options.

Also thinking of purchasing a good basic heat pump thermostat (electric aux heat) without the need for heat pump lockout based on outdoor temperature.

I appreciate the wisdom & advice of more experienced techs, as I am a 3rd year apprentice venturing into side work with hopes of operating my own business full time in next 5 years.

Post Likes
    Get a Heat Pump thermostat that has a emergency heat setting, as I believe not all of them have that feature automatically.

3. Likes EnergyOasis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyOasis View Post
    I’m going to be stocking my truck with a handful of basic 1/1 Programmable Thermostats for AC only split systems w/ electric heat, and wanted to hear some recommendations for reliable & cost effective options.

Also thinking of purchasing a good basic heat pump thermostat (electric aux heat) without the need for heat pump lockout based on outdoor temperature.

I appreciate the wisdom & advice of more experienced techs, as I am a 3rd year apprentice venturing into side work with hopes of operating my own business full time in next 5 years.
    Im sorry but Side Work as a 3rd year apprentice? Is your current boss training you? Is he aware of your plans?

Post Likes
    I知 paying for the training at school ($1500/mo) and my boss is allowing my current journeyman to sign off my hours. Our company was bought by a bigger company & the old owner is GM for 5 more years as part of the acquisition. After that 4 of our experienced techs are leaving & Ill be with them.

I have a 2yr Energy Systems Technology HVAC degree from a very good school & Im a great troubleshooter as I致e worked in Industrial Maintenance & Construction my whole life. I own all my own tools & truck as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Honeywell t4 or t6. Get a 2 heat 1 cool stat and that will get you through 90% of your calls.

7. Likes EnergyOasis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    i like the T4 and the Emerson series 80
    The last one is for when i replace stat for property managers, cheap and so far no issues
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

9. Likes EnergyOasis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I like the looks of Emerson 80 for homeowners on a budget. Would you opt for the programmable style for truck stock or no?

Post Likes
    I知 Honeywell wherever I go. Yes 2 stage heat for heat pump

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So far the Honeywell T4 Series
    TH4210U2002
    and the Emerson (White Rodgers) 80 Series 1F85U-22PR
    seem like great universal truck stock options.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=EnergyOasis;25838860]I like the looks of Emerson 80 for homeowners on a budget. Would you opt for the programmable style for truck stock or no?

Never tried the programmable, just the 1h1c manual, i have 3 in stock on my van all the time

Post Likes
    So far the Honeywell T4 Series
    TH4210U2002
    and the Emerson (White Rodgers) 80 Series 1F85U-22PR
    seem like great universal truck stock options.

i also use the model 1F85U-22NP non programmable. screen is 5" instead of 4.5. nice one

Post Likes
    I知 going to be stocking my truck with a handful of basic 1/1 Programmable Thermostats for AC only split systems w/ electric heat, and wanted to hear some recommendations for reliable & cost effective options.

Howdy from another third year apprentice who wants to ultimately go out on my own.

I am a honeywell loyalist. So I vote t4 and t6 for truck stock we only use the wifi t6 I have never seen a non wifi and I have heard of problems with the series 4 and 5 non wifi t6.
    I love the t10 for high end residential and certain commercial applications.
    The IAQ prestige is amazing but too expensive for most applications in my market.
    I don't like the old 3000 and 5000 and such but they do work fine.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

17. Likes EnergyOasis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Pro1 701 for Straight AC and Heat.
    Pro1 721 for Heat pump with Emergency heat.
    Can hardwired to use power from furnace/airhandler's transformer.
    Battery as a back-up.Homeowner easily replace the batteries by themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast