Post Likes

Cant get pressure to activate solenoid on Honeywell Humidifier

Hello All, I would GREATLY appreciate any help you can offer me. I bought a Honeywell whole-house humidifier and self-installed. I cannot afford a pro, and honeywell will not give advice via customer support.

Everything is installed and running except I cant get pressure to pressure tube to signal to solenoid to call for water when furnace kicks on.

I have the Honeywell HE280 bypass humidifier. It is intalled on the Return because there is no space on the supply. I have tried to insert the pressure hose into BOTH return and supply trunks, but neither work. If I suck lightly on the tube it immediately calls for water.

I am a brand new user so unfortunately can't post pics of the install

Post Likes
    Sorry but this is not a DIY Site.

Ask Our Pros-Owner Assistance - NO DIY advice will be given.

Post Likes
    I have not heard of a pressure hose on a humidifier. You need to call a pro if you don’t understand how to wire the humidifier correctly for it to turn on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    I have not heard of a pressure hose on a humidifier. You need to call a pro if you don’t understand how to wire the humidifier correctly for it to turn on.
    This has a differential pressure switch to verify airflow.

Never heard of such a thing, but I guess for DIY it works, well it should if done correctly.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cburgs View Post
    It is intalled on the Return because there is no space on the supply. I have tried to insert the pressure hose into BOTH return and supply trunks, but neither work.
    I think you need to reread the instructions!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ