Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by isleofvanman View Post
    i was thinking a bad reversing valve could shoot some of the discharge straight into the suction line and raise pressures that way... high suction causing high head. i think the superheat was 17F... which didn't look too bad . in cooling mode i didn't check it too thoroughly but superheat definitely lower... like around 5F and the pressures which looked correct at 320-325 high side and 120 suction. Shouldn't the high side pressure be higher though if it's 85F water ? if the flow is really high though maybe that helps to lower the pressure a bit?
    Head pressure should be the same ° to ° air or water assuming proper CFM's and GPM's

Post Likes
    If you can reach the reversing valve just take your temps on the pipes and that will tell you if you are mixing discharge and suction.

Post Likes
    Are flow controls on the water side installed and set correctly? Can you lower the loop temp down 5-10 deg temporary to see how the pressures look? 4-5 deg drop thru the water coil plus at 85 deg water would give you higher pressures.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I thought Climate master had a 65 or 70° max water temp? Maybe even lower.

OP what happens if you throttle the water flow way down?
    Manual for a pretty common Climatemaster WSHP model says Min 20F to Max 90F entering water for heating.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    What would happen if you tried to run a Air to Air with those outside temps...…...You trip on high head also.

Reduce the water flow and test it.
    X2...Listen to this OP..... as well Climatemaster manual I found said at your entering water temp, you should be seeing a delta T on your water of 9-11F if you are moving 3gpm. You only have 4-5F.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12