chuvac Guest

Recommended Action - HeatPump and 76/78 LOW/HIGH STAGE REPEAT NO START (Bryant)

Hello,

Homeowner here on a new-to-me system (purchased house in October). The system is a Bryant system (see below) with Evolution Connex Wifi Thermostat controlling 4 zones. Being an "internet thermostat" it emails me things all the time. During colder weather (such as we've been having in the Carolinas), I receive emails labeled "ROUTINE NOTIFICATION" that are one of two types:

76-LOW STAGE REPEAT NO START
    78-HIGH STAGE REPEAT NO START

I've already had the HP serviced once (a blockage/restriction in the copper tubing?) with some improvement (house heats up more quickly - temperature at the register is 10 degrees warmer that it was prior to service) but these alerts have started back up again.

Are these alerts just notifications or do they require some action on my part? Under warranty (home warranty, not specifically the HP which is 10+ years old), should I open a new claim with this information?

From the Bryant iPhone App:

Wall Control
    System Control Model #: SYSTXBBECC01-A
    System Control Serial #: 4414W000931
    System Software Version: 131493-14.02

Fan Coil
    Model: FE4ANB006
    Software Version: CESR13129-17

Heat Pump
    Model: 48KBTU
    Software Version: CESR131390-09

Zone Board

Model: SYSTXBB4ZC01
    Software Version: CESR131331-01

Post Likes
    What is the actual m/n of the condenser outside, and is the house temp dropping? Sounds like the outdoor unit is not starting in low or high stage on occasion. I wouldn't trust a home warranty company to make an S- sandwich. I would recommend you find a hvac contractor that comes recommended by friends, family, employers or look on this sites contractor locator map. Take whatever the HW gives you as a payout and cancel them

Post Likes
    Being this is a highly complex system and the majority of home warranty service providers can barely complete minor tasks, you are better off finding a qualified(say the installing company) company to work on this system!!!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuvac View Post
    Hello,

Homeowner here on a new-to-me system (purchased house in October). The system is a Bryant system (see below) with Evolution Connex Wifi Thermostat controlling 4 zones. Being an "internet thermostat" it emails me things all the time. During colder weather (such as we've been having in the Carolinas), I receive emails labeled "ROUTINE NOTIFICATION" that are one of two types:

76-LOW STAGE REPEAT NO START
    78-HIGH STAGE REPEAT NO START

I've already had the HP serviced once (a blockage/restriction in the copper tubing?) with some improvement (house heats up more quickly - temperature at the register is 10 degrees warmer that it was prior to service) but these alerts have started back up again.

Are these alerts just notifications or do they require some action on my part? Under warranty (home warranty, not specifically the HP which is 10+ years old), should I open a new claim with this information?

From the Bryant iPhone App:

Wall Control
    System Control Model #: SYSTXBBECC01-A
    System Control Serial #: 4414W000931
    System Software Version: 131493-14.02

Fan Coil
    Model: FE4ANB006
    Software Version: CESR13129-17

Heat Pump
    Model: 48KBTU
    Software Version: CESR131390-09

Zone Board

Model: SYSTXBB4ZC01
    Software Version: CESR131331-01
    That is NOT a model number, just the size in BTUs.
    Model number is on the outside unit data plate or an abbreviated model is in the UI(wall control/thermostat) memory.

If all that is in the UI for heat pump info is what you provided, something is wrong!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

chuvac Guest
    Thanks - to be sure, it is not my desire to use the warranty company - it came with the house. I don't even want the warranty company to do any repairs. Just if something is "really broke", I want to have the warranty company pay for the repair rather than foot it myself.

Here is the outside model information:
    Model 286ANA048-B

Sorry for the confusion - this is my first HP.

Post Likes
    Thanks - to be sure, it is not my desire to use the warranty company - it came with the house. Just if something is "really broke", I want to have the warranty company pay for the repair rather than foot it myself.
    You will most likely end up far worse than you started when using a warranty company!!

Warranty companies are lowest bidder contractors(most of the time) as well as not very well trained.

Using a warranty company for your advanced system would be like having the local auto repair shop work on a Tesla. While they may know the basics, that would be about it.

Post Likes
    Thanks - to be sure, it is not my desire to use the warranty company - it came with the house. I don't even want the warranty company to do any repairs. Just if something is "really broke", I want to have the warranty company pay for the repair rather than foot it myself.

Model 286ANA048-B

Sorry for the confusion - this is my first HP.
    Unfortunately that’s not how it works. The H W company will give you a buy out. It’s in your contract. After that the repairs are on you.

Post Likes

Model 286ANA048-B
    Did that come from the UI or from someplace else?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I believe you are looking at a new unit based on what I found. 286ANA/187ANA B-----L Compressor

The home warranty company will NEVER figure this one out, I would all but bet a weeks salary.

Post Likes
    You have the infamous Bristol 2-speed compressor. Great idea, poor design, so much so that Carrier was doing an exchange program on these when they died, although I dont know if that's still going. As for the HW, everyone thinks "it breaks and I dont pay for it", that's just not correct in reality. This whole site could survive if they only took complaints from people who had used HW, you will get nickel and dimed to death, their work will be crap, and your unit will become a money pit, partially from design partially because of who services it