Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AGreen0 View Post
    Any idea how that might be labeled if I poked around in the settings? Is it usually called "recovery" or something else? I did see something about firing rate "100%" when I went into the installer settings but was too nervous to mess with it so left it at that setting.
    Did you give model of thermostat?

Another option may be to use a different stat, with remote sensor capability, that can limit the ability of the furnace.
    I am not familiar with York so this may not be possible.

You really do need a system evaluation, plan and then make decisions.

That attic furnace is probably the right size for the ENTIRE house!! Proper load and duct calculations will determine this.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I would have to see the manual. There's so many different thermostats out there today, and some manufacturers have firmware updates as well.
    Here is a link to the manual but I can't see anything about recovery or how I might be able to adjust this: http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...UUM-A-0114.PDF

If I put the fan in "manual" and set it to 35%, does that mean the furnace will limit itself to 35% output?

Last night I tried closing the registers almost all the way shut in the kids' rooms and closing their doors as if they were sleeping and the furnace ramped to 100% and the rooms still got too hot, so struck out there.

It also seems like my thermostat (https://www.york.com/for-your-home/t...cating-control) might not be compatible with remote temperature sensors. Any way to know for sure?

Thanks again for everyone's help...this has already been really helpful and I appreciate the way this community tries to assist in so many different ways.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AGreen0 View Post
    Here is a link to the manual but I can't see anything about recovery or how I might be able to adjust this: http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...UUM-A-0114.PDF

If I put the fan in "manual" and set it to 35%, does that mean the furnace will limit itself to 35% output?
    Fan refers to the blower only, usually as I am unfamiliar with York specifically. This would NOT limit the firing rate.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    This thermostat offers 3 stage, stage-up differential temperature settings , and stage up timer. The timer is likely set on. It can be turned off.
    You can also “inhibit” the upstaging via a timer as well. This timer will not allow upstaging by the stage up differential.
    This thermostat can also allow for down staging. On/off, and a stage down inhibit timer.

You may need to have your installer go through these settings with you, and set them to your preference.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 01-22-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12