+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fujitsu, heatpump, rated at +17*F

Post Likes

Fujitsu, heatpump, rated at +17*F

Why would these units be installed in colder climates vs the units rated at -20*F??? I picked up a new customer who has a 4 indoor/1 outdoor and a 3 indoor/1 outdoor units and they seem to be cold and bewildered at the same time. And I wonder how they will feel when I give them a price to replace their units along w/ the understanding that I WILL NOT get involved in a lawsuit.

Post Likes
    It hadn't dealt with Fugitsu lately, but is it possible to change out the condenser only? Or do the high heat units have separate indoor units just for that application?

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

3. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Someone wasn't thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Why would these units be installed in colder climates vs the units rated at -20*F??? I picked up a new customer who has a 4 indoor/1 outdoor and a 3 indoor/1 outdoor units and they seem to be cold and bewildered at the same time. And I wonder how they will feel when I give them a price to replace their units along w/ the understanding that I WILL NOT get involved in a lawsuit.
    Sent from mars using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Do you have some model numbers? I can check if they match up with the correct outdoor unit?

Sent from mars using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    What units do you have there? The +17 heat you mention sounds like the RML model that was retired about a decade ago. Not a good choice if that is the only heat source.

Technology has gotten better and all current standard multizone condensers heat to +5 degrees. All current multizone indoor units are also compatible with the XLTH Extra Low Temp Heat condensing units which get 80+% capacity at -15. These units are more than capable of primary heat as in NYC/LI the outdoor temps rarely even get below zero (1 time in last 25 years).

If these units are the only heat source, you should look unto upgrading the system to the XLTH series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I thought all heat pumps in cold climates required backup heat.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCounterGuy View Post
    What units do you have there? The +17 heat you mention sounds like the RML model that was retired about a decade ago. Not a good choice if that is the only heat source.

Technology has gotten better and all current standard multizone condensers heat to +5 degrees. All current multizone indoor units are also compatible with the XLTH Extra Low Temp Heat condensing units which get 80+% capacity at -15. These units are more than capable of primary heat as in NYC/LI the outdoor temps rarely even get below zero (1 time in last 25 years).

If these units are the only heat source, you should look unto upgrading the system to the XLTH series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    X2

https://www.fujitsugeneral.com/us/residential/technology/xlth-low-temp-heating.html

Post Likes
    The same reason people install an M series instead of a P series Mitsubishi in a server room.
    Plain old lack of knowledge.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    The same reason people install an M series instead of a P series Mitsubishi in a server room.
    Plain old lack of knowledge.
    Or cost. I was talking to a guy the other day who was quoting an M series in a server room in Colorado. I told him that the M series aren't rated for low ambient full load cooling and he said, "I know, but that's what everyone else is quoting". I told him he would stand out as the only qualified contractor if he quoted P series because it's the only one designed to do the job.

Post Likes
    Getting info today,will check back later, Tks!

Post Likes
    My Fujitsu brochure shows All multi zone units (aou*** rlxfz runs to minus 15, the High heat models are minus 25.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Post Likes
    Older units were +15-17

Post Likes
    Never made it out there today, am trying for tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in