Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    I charged a system with an unopened bottle of 502 a few years ago. The customer stockpiled a bunch of it.

Post Likes
    The bigger point here is that AirCon believes that topping up a 410A system will reduce the capacity of that system so much so that his customers will notice it.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    Not correct, R410A is a blend of 2 refrigerants, R32 and R125, i believe 50-50 %, R 32 is inflammable so they added R125 to keep the inflammable level very low, but, when you have a leak, you don't know which of the two went out the most, and you should recovery the refrigerant, fix the leak, and charge back the system with new refrigerant.
    No, that is not correct. But can tend to make more money from your customers.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

4. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No, that is not correct. But can tend to make more money from your customers.
    no need to make more money lying to the customer.
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    no need to make more money lying to the customer.

Lying would imply that you knew the correct or accepted procedure. That was never implied imo. Making more money by not knowing the correct and accepted procedure is another thing.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Lying would imply that you knew the correct or accepted procedure. That was never implied imo. Making more money by not knowing the correct and accepted procedure is another thing.
    Woo.... he's now caught between a rock and a hard place .....

Post Likes
    Topping off a system that appears a little low that you have never seen before I don't see a problem just adding and explaining to the customer that it may have not been charge correctly form the start. The second time you should advise the customer that the leak should be located then they can make an informed decision on what to do.

Now a system that is down several LB they need to make the decision of leak test or top off.

If it is flat you need to find the leak and inform the customer on their repair/replace options.

9. Likes EnergyOasis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post

Post Likes
    I usually just charge a sysyem if it's a little bit low and do a quick electronic leak check to see if I hit on anything. If I don't find anything then that usually tells me the leak is small (most likely at the coil). If I get called back and it's low again I'll recommend leak check with nitro. If it's flat or close to it when I walk up I will just test with nitro and find the leak.

Post Likes

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Brosephyoung View Post
    I usually just charge a sysyem if it's a little bit low and do a quick electronic leak check to see if I hit on anything. If I don't find anything then that usually tells me the leak is small (most likely at the coil). If I get called back and it's low again I'll recommend leak check with nitro. If it's flat or close to it when I walk up I will just test with nitro and find the leak.
    Its amazing how simple it can be---I agree with you 100%. See whats up- charge it to full- check the leaks on the flares---which are usually the problem children esp depending on WHO installed or worked on last----(cranked them down too tight), and get the customer going asap.

If it continues to be a problem, you can escalate to the next level like he said- leak check w nitro.

I think doing what is best for the customer is what should be done---it never fails to come back in good ways. (referrals, additional business, dedicated customer etc).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123