Post Likes

Furnace vent needed with A/C in summer?

I have had 2 issues once bees getting into and once leaves getting into my heat/A/C Trane furnace through the air intake. Had to have a repair man out .. I have a Goodman Flush-Mount Direct Vent Furnace Side Wall Vent Kit..I have since put a large opening metal grill (large so not to restrict air flow)to prevent small animals or leaves from getting in..So in summer I want to then replace with a smaller opening screen to prevent bees..Is that OK? Is the vent used with the furnace when using A/C or is the furnace just using the fan? Thanks for any advice..I did post yesterday with a different question regarding the vent kit I have but this different issue..

Post Likes
    You can do anything to the vent in the summer. Just remember to remove in heating season.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    You can do anything to the vent in the summer. Just remember to remove in heating season.
    Thanks for that info and advice...Good point remembering to remove in heating season..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rskangler View Post
    Thanks for that info and advice...Good point remembering to remove in heating season..
    If it is restrictive enough, it will remind you, ie the furnace won't work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    If it is restrictive enough, it will remind you, ie the furnace won't work.
    Thats good to know..Thanks..Funny you are from Beatrice,thats my wifes name too..