Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I meant to say. So here we have a person running an HVAC business OUT OF HIS HOUSE complaining about the cost of doing business
    "OUT OF HIS HOUSE" Does this bother you? We all have to start somewhere.

Sure I was a tech for a long time, then ended up managing 15 technicians out of the office for the company. Once I realized how much money I and other technicians were actually making the company I decided I wanted a piece of that just like every other business owner out there.

As a business owner I think I have the right to complain about the government screwing companies over. I dont care if I was "living in a van down by the river". I bust my ass for my family, am in the process of BUYING a shop instead of renting and am just trying to make sure im doing everything legit and up to the standards the gubment requires.

Im just trying to secure my childrens future here. With 5 kids and a wife I didnt exactly have the luxury of paying someone $3k min. a month to rent a building on top of buying vans, tools, equipment hiring guys right away, advertising, moving my family out of state and everything else it took to get me where im at right now.

You say "WORKING OUT OF HIS HOUSE"... Well I say i'm pretty proud of where im at and especially where im going.

I would never go on here and belittle someone for trying to better themselves. Hell I tell EVERYONE I know they need to find a trade and work for themselves.

Thank you to everyone else though who gave helpful comments. Much appreciated!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AC-Bandit78 View Post

Sure I was a tech for a long time, then ended up managing 15 technicians out of the office for the company. Once I realized how much money I and other technicians were actually making the company I decided I wanted a piece of that just like every other business owner out there.

As a business owner I think I have the right to complain about the government screwing companies over. I dont care if I was "living in a van down by the river". I bust my ass for my family, am in the process of BUYING a shop instead of renting and am just trying to make sure im doing everything legit and up to the standards the gubment requires.

Im just trying to secure my childrens future here. With 5 kids and a wife I didnt exactly have the luxury of paying someone $3k min. a month to rent a building on top of buying vans, tools, equipment hiring guys right away, advertising, moving my family out of state and everything else it took to get me where im at right now.

You say "WORKING OUT OF HIS HOUSE"... Well I say i'm pretty proud of where im at and especially where im going.

I would never go on here and belittle someone for trying to better themselves. Hell I tell EVERYONE I know they need to find a trade and work for themselves.

Thank you to everyone else though who gave helpful comments. Much appreciated!!!!
    Nothing wrong with it by itself as I said. It is at least ironic to be whining about the cost of doing business while doing so.

A city protecting its citizens is not "screwing companies over." Still whining.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Yikes !!

You figured out where those kids came from? That's got to be a real handful.

Not busting your chops, all in fun.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes

I am surprised to hear that someone managing 15 techs wouldn't be aware of city licenses.

It seems you get screwed when you are an employee and as a business owner. Hmmmm

Post Likes
    I am surprised to hear that someone managing 15 techs wouldn't be aware of city licenses.

It seems you get screwed when you are an employee and as a business owner. Hmmmm
    This was in a different state and I pulled permits inside city limits all the time, took care of renewing the owners state licenses also. I knew a little bit coming into this but THERE we just had to provide the state licence and the city license our shop was located in and we could pull permits without actually getting a city business license for each and every city they ran calls in.

Which is what this post was asking about. No one got screwed. Was a very simple question man.

Post Likes
    So here we have a person running an HVAC business complaining about the cost of doing business.
    Can you just give all your money to the government already and let those wise people decide where it should be allocated?

Post Likes
    When I applied for my business license I contacted NYS, Suffolk County and the 5 east end towns ill be doing work in and got what I needed.

If they want permits then I apply, that's an extra for the clients.

How is this TAXING you...……….. your customers are the ones that live there and they have to pay the T A X!

Post Likes
    When I applied for my business license I contacted NYS, Suffolk County and the 5 east end towns ill be doing work in and got what I needed.

How is this TAXING you...……….. your customers are the ones that live there and they have to pay the T A X!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post

Some cities may require a special license to work within their city limits or even require one to pay city income taxes when working within their town. This is over and above permits that the homeowner usually pays for directly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123