+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracer TU Backup

Post Likes

Tracer TU Backup

When you go into Tracer TU, and completely backup a controller does it contain all of the points, and TGP2? Or is it necessary to backup the devices, and backup the TGP2 separately through the TGP2 editor?
    J. King

Post Likes
    All.

But is best practice to backup each piece individually also, imo.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energyStarBoy View Post
    All.

But is best practice to backup each piece individually also, imo.
    I typically do back up the TGP2 on devices like UC600s that are being used for plant control, AHU control, etc. I have a job that has like 150 VAV boxes, and some of them have custom TGP2. I just didn’t know if it made sense to go through all of those devices and backup the TGP2 separately or if the standard backup would suffice. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King

Post Likes
    Just wanted to explain that a backup is done as a backup.. not ‘save as’. Save as only gets config file.
    (If i remember correctly).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energyStarBoy View Post
    Just wanted to explain that a backup is done as a backup.. not ‘save as’. Save as only gets config file.
    (If i remember correctly).
    Typically I use the backup utility at the top left of the screen to do the backup. From there it saves a zip file to my computer for that device. I just wanted to see if that included everything that I would need in the event of a controller failure. Particularly in regards to devices like VAV boxes. Going through a whole bunch of VAV controllers and backing up TGP2 is a lot more time consuming than just running the backup utility on all of the devices and walking away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King

Post Likes
    For vav’s i would just do the backup.
    Can do them all at once via backup utility.
    Might take an hour or three and miss a few (it gives a report of what was missed) but no user inputs after clicking all the check boxes) and starting.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in