Post Likes

Goodman Flush-Mount Direct Vent Furnace Side Wall Vent Kit OK?

My installer put in a Goodman Direct Vent Furnace Side Wall Vent Kit on my Trane furnace.. I now see from the manual that there are other options for exterior termination of the PVC exhaust and intake which seem to be much further apart..Should I make the change or leave the way it is? It would be very easy with a couple of fittings and some PVC pipe..Thanks for any advice..Just want to be safe..

Post Likes
    Vent and combustion air want to be in the same pressure zone. Concentrics and the flat looking kits are a great improvement over the funky sidewall PVC recommendations..

Are you having issues? or just guessing....
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Vent and combustion air want to be in the same pressure zone. Concentrics and the flat looking kits are a great improvement over the funky sidewall PVC recommendations..

Are you having issues? or just guessing....
    No issues just guessing..I saw in manual the other options which have the intake and exhaust further apart and wondered if that was safer..Thanks for your reply..