+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walk in freezer with two mismatched evaps

Post Likes
    Can the structure of the box be addressed? Can plastic sheeting be used to cover the entire exterior? Can you put HD or Lowes 4'x8' insulated panels over the exterior?

Post Likes
    When I was working out at NASA, they finally figured it out. They had equipment that was 30, 40, and 50 years old. Then someone came along and started doing a cost analysis of the repairs. Which was pretty simple because every piece of equipment had a unique identifying number that fit a certain organizing system.

Anyway, they started spray painting certain pieces of equipment with DNR, for Do Not Repair.

They did have certain exceptions for the small stuff like belts, capacitors, relays, etc. But no substantial repairs could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    That always amazed me about facilities.

Capital Expenditures are always scrutinized, committee-ized, voted on, purchase-ordered, and delayed for a dozen reasons.

Repairs - unlimited budget and no questions asked.

I used to work for a bunch of very large companies, and the government, at insane profit levels for that exact reason.

Can you fix this?

Yep.

The managers all loved us because we didn't insist that replacement was the only option.

Although I did jobs where we just replaced what was required and then billed the total to them as though it had been for various repairs. <g>

PHM
    ---------
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    When I was working out at NASA, they finally figured it out. They had equipment that was 30, 40, and 50 years old. Then someone came along and started doing a cost analysis of the repairs. Which was pretty simple because every piece of equipment had a unique identifying number that fit a certain organizing system.

Anyway, they started spray painting certain pieces of equipment with DNR, for Do Not Repair.

They did have certain exceptions for the small stuff like belts, capacitors, relays, etc. But no substantial repairs could be made.
    Until someone important would make a visit...….Then all kind of silly repairs are made or it gets a fresh coat of Paint!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in