Post Likes

Question Glass door freezer icing up on top

Hi guys I have an issue in a supermarket with glass door reach in freezers. The top of the freezer inside is icing up all the time (see pictures below). The cases relatively new but I already replaced the gasket so thats not the problem. Defrost time at factory setting. No warm air entering the case from ducts and dont have any warm air source around. I would appreciate any idea. Thank you.

Name:  IMG_7297.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  124.1 KBName:  IMG_7295.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  116.1 KBName:  IMG_7296.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  122.2 KB

Post Likes
    What's the factory setting for defrost time?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I think its once a day during the night for 60min with 13min run off and 2 min pump down. But I will check in E2.

Post Likes
    Sure looks like a classic case of air infiltration. How many doors in the lineup? Is it just happening on one door? Have you done the “dollar bill tug trick” around the gasket?
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Door Gaskets

RH in store too high

Combination of both

Post Likes
    If this buildup were caused by infiltration I would expect to see more of the light and fluffy type of frost commonly known as hoar frost. This looks to me to be a defrost issue, possibly steaming caused by high coil temperatures at the end of defrost. For example, a typical termination temperature might be 54°F (discharge air) with a failsafe time of 20 minutes for HG defrost and 40 minutes for electric.

What is the case mfr and model?

I never like using a drip time for reach-ins because I believe it can add to such a steaming problem. Also, for frozen food, don't run the case temp lower than 0°F (RA), as this can aggravate frost buildup too.

Post Likes
    Check location of defrost termination sensor; make sure it didn't move during shipping. Not to mention you'll need to get ALL of the ice off so you can 'start at the beginning', so to speak. If it is a pump down system, be sure the solenoid isn't leaking by.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I would also check to make sure the case lineup is actually put together properly and sealed properly between cases, otherwise warm air will get in.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    Sure looks like a classic case of air infiltration. How many doors in the lineup? Is it just happening on one door? Have you done the “dollar bill tug trick” around the gasket?
    There is four different lineup.
    1. One case with 5 doors (thats the worst)
    2. Three case with 15 doors (two case icing up)
    3. And a dual line 2 x 23 doors but that line doesnt have that issue

Yeah I checked with the dollar trick and I replaced a few of the door gaskets but the ice is coming back again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    If this buildup were caused by infiltration I would expect to see more of the light and fluffy type of frost commonly known as hoar frost. This looks to me to be a defrost issue, possibly steaming caused by high coil temperatures at the end of defrost. For example, a typical termination temperature might be 54°F (discharge air) with a failsafe time of 20 minutes for HG defrost and 40 minutes for electric.

What is the case mfr and model?

I never like using a drip time for reach-ins because I believe it can add to such a steaming problem. Also, for frozen food, don't run the case temp lower than 0°F (RA), as this can aggravate frost buildup too.
    Hillphoenix ORZHPV

Post Likes
    I do believe you need r5411 evaporator fan motor