Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    If you want boots that last forever, ones that fit, check out White Shoe in Spokane WA. Famous for their logging boots and loggers are waaaay harder on shoes than any HVAC/R guy. Been there.
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    I only wear all natural fabric boots (except the soles) because good leather boots don't smell. And I think it's far better for your feet and for your boots to let them dry out for a day or two before being reworn.

OH!!!!!!!! I forgot: DO NOT EVER WEAR COTTON SOCKS!!!

Wool blend only, and year round - your feet will literally thank you forever. I get them from Fox Socks - a good outfit and; excellent socks.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Why is that? I am interested.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Feet smell? Nose runs?

Built upside down. ;-)
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I only wear all natural fabric boots (except the soles) because good leather boots don't smell. And I think it's far better for your feet and for your boots to let them dry out for a day or two before being reworn.

Wool blend only, and year round - your feet will literally thank you forever. I get them from Fox Socks - a good outfit and; excellent socks.

PHM
    --------
    Any recommendations on those socks? That website has more socks than I thought existed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Well I am really picky and the only boots I can stand are muck. My main boots are muck chore and then I have the greenish ones for the summer because the black ones get too hot on roofs.
    I am not shure if drying out will help make neoprene boots last any longer but I am looking into those socks..

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I have a friend who has several pairs and I think the newer pair was 15 years old but for the price they had better last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    If you want boots that last forever, ones that fit, check out White Shoe in Spokane WA. Famous for their logging boots and loggers are waaaay harder on shoes than any HVAC/R guy. Been there.

Post Likes
    I have a current bunch which say Fun Toes on them but searching for that turned up nothing. For some reason women get a big kick out of seeing that my socks say Fun Toes on them. <g>

Search for: ALTITUDE LIGHTWEIGHT CREW

And: Wool Work Heavyweight Crew

Those look most like my current crop. Somehow or other I ended up with 40-50 pairs. <g>

Oh wait; I remember! Sams Club had them one time for cheap so I grabbed a dozen or so - and so did the little woman - and so did my son. <g>.

But I have never seen them at Sams Club again.

And I guess I may never have to either. <g>

A wool blend (30-40%) sock is always comfortable because they wick away moisture and then good leather boots do the same thing. You feet always feel dry even when they are not. That's why I don't wear the same boots too days in a row - to let them dry out.

There are few pleasures in this world more consistently pleasant than comfortable boots on comfortable feet.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Any recommendations on those socks? That website has more socks than I thought existed

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I have a current bunch which say Fun Toes on them but searching for that turned up nothing. For some reason women get a big kick out of seeing that my socks say Fun Toes on them. <g>

Search for: ALTITUDE LIGHTWEIGHT CREW

And: Wool Work Heavyweight Crew

Those look most like my current crop. Somehow or other I ended up with 40-50 pairs. <g>

Oh wait; I remember! Sams Club had them one time for cheap so I grabbed a dozen or so - and so did the little woman - and so did my son. <g>.

But I have never seen them at Sams Club again.

And I guess I may never have to either. <g>

A wool blend (30-40%) sock is always comfortable because they wick away moisture and then good leather boots do the same thing. You feet always feel dry even when they are not. That's why I don't wear the same boots too days in a row - to let them dry out.

There are few pleasures in this world more consistently pleasant than comfortable boots on comfortable feet.

PHM
    -------
    Thank you. I usually wear a pair of Duluth slip-ons for work. Makes it easier to take em off rather than worry about booties.

But its hard finding a good pair of socks for wide feet.

For that matter its hard finding a comfortable pair of shoes in 12 4E that dont cost an arm and a leg.

Post Likes
    That's always been my problem with boots: I need a 4-5E width. I used to have a company out in the mid-west somewhere custom-make my boots - they have exact models/molds of my feet - but the last few years I have been able to find RedWings that are wide enough.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Thank you. I usually wear a pair of Duluth slip-ons for work. Makes it easier to take em off rather than worry about booties.

But it’s hard finding a good pair of socks for wide feet.

For that matter it’s hard finding a comfortable pair of shoes in 12 4E that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    You should have put in a 1-900 number. Wait until the bastards get the bill for their spamming.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Im sorry I introduced this company to you all. Man theyve sent me at least 3 emails a day to reorder. Funny thing is, it took 5 days just for them to ship them out from China.
    When you order from them you have to agree for them to spam your phone number, so I put in a 555 number. Just by visiting their site you basically agree to be spammed by them.

After a little research, Im finding the same shoes under another name on Amazon for $20 less. It seems they are just some Chinese made shoes that are relabeled, kinda like Gree units.

I hope they are decent. I will definitely give an update when I get them.
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    To me the secret to boots is to always buy at least two identical pairs at the same time - and then never wear them two days in a row. Two pairs will then last four times as long as a single pair worn every day. <g>

PHM
    --------
    I'm rotating 4 pairs, currently. They are not all the same.

I bought different pairs to find ones I like, I am a bit particular.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Shoes are still in pre shipment from China. USPS still has not received.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    I’ve had a chance to test a bit more. It seems the meter is functioning.

The Hz is displayed on the first 2 dial selects is used for VFDs, and read through the clamp. Unfortunately, this is for larger motors, as it’s range is from >7 AAC. So, this would be useless on most residential variable speed blowers.

I’ve found the amp clamp to be extremely accurate compared to my Fluke 902 and Testo 770-3.
    I tested this using my Fluke 117 current reading in series with very high resolution. The SC680 has resolution to 0.01A, and was on point with my Fluke 117 down to +/-0.01A. The other 2 clamp meters are not even close. This would be very useful with low current draft motors.

I did find the voltage reading on the 680 was off by approx 0.4-0.5 Vac. All other meters read within 0.1Vac.

The pf was my wrong doing. This meter will not display pf if the phase angle is inverse. Meaning, the wire has to be in the proper direction in the clamp. Most other Watt meters will show a negative, this meter displays OL on the app instead. There is also a minimum current needed to display this function.

The difference in power readings that I’ve taken appear to be over 10% in some cases, between the Testo 770-3 and the SC680. Because of the accuracy of the clamp, I would likely go with the SC680 for more accuracy.

More testing is needed.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast