Post Likes

Standalone UA 98H dehumidifier w/fresh air baffle

Hi all,
    Considering a UA 98H dehumidifier with fresh air baffle as a stand-alone system for a basement. Would love any experiences youve had.

Also, can you split the 10 (in house) Intake into 2 returns? My thought is to utilize the fresh air intake, and have 2 returns on opposite ends of the basement, then dump the conditioned air in a centralized location. In my mind that would create a somewhat uniform cycle.

Or, if a single intake is on one of the basement is it capable of pulling moisture from 50 away while passing through a den and storage room?

Thanks so much for any input.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by josh84ellis View Post
    Hi all,
    Considering a UA 98H dehumidifier with fresh air baffle as a stand-alone system for a basement. Would love any experiences youve had.

Also, can you split the 10 (in house) Intake into 2 returns? My thought is to utilize the fresh air intake, and have 2 returns on opposite ends of the basement, then dump the conditioned air in a centralized location. In my mind that would create a somewhat uniform cycle.

Or, if a single intake is on one of the basement is it capable of pulling moisture from 50 away while passing through a den and storage room?

Thanks so much for any input.
    What does the installing contractor say?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    What does the installing contractor say?
    At this point he has suggested mini splits. But he also expressed concern that it would be easy to oversize the space. It is the same installer that did my heat pump upstairs. Hes been in the basement before but its been a while. Hes going to come by soon and give it another look. Problem is were good friends so I feel a bit obligated to use him but I want to be sure weve explored all options.

Post Likes
    Hes correct in Its easy to oversized this space!

Post Likes
    I think we covered this another post.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    I think we covered this another post.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    I replied to the wrong post. At this point I havent discussed the details with him. He knows I want/need one but was sort of leaving that up to me depending on how much I want to spend.