Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JEF1980 View Post
    Why do they fight it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    They seem to want total control, from Construction to Service, from locals to Nationals. I don’t understand why, I have always worked for National Signatories and I have never been at a crossroads like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    service tech for me

3. Likes AdrianOmarPerez liked this post
    Post Likes
    Why do they fight it?

I'm yet to see the first instance where the national package is better than the locals package, why would anyone want to relinquish the local control over pension and benefits to a national entity? I'm 100% for local control.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I'm yet to see the first instance where the national package is better than the locals package, why would anyone want to relinquish the local control over pension and benefits to a national entity? I'm 100% for local control.
    I am talking about the national service and maintance agreement the wage package retierment etc is still all through the local

Post Likes
    I am talking about the national service and maintance agreement the wage package retierment etc is still all through the local

The Utah Local is w/in cents of each other for BTJ and MESJ packages. All Mechanical Equipment Service Workers get Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and a Vacation Fund through the MSCA/Schedule A, the Building Trades (Construction) doesn’t. To me, this is a plus.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    The Utah Local is w/in cents of each other for BTJ and MESJ packages. All Mechanical Equipment Service Workers get Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and a Vacation Fund through the MSCA/Schedule A, the Building Trades (Construction) doesn’t. To me, this is a plus.

So you are saying that in Utah MESJ guys get the same package as BTJ's and on top of it they get paid vacation and holidays per MSCA-A???? sounds like science fiction to me, I would like to see proof of such!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes

A Question for HVAC Techs

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    So you are saying that in Utah MESJ guys get the same package as BTJ's and on top of it they get paid vacation and holidays per MSCA-A???? sounds like science fiction to me, I would like to see proof of such!
    We have ventured way off track.
    I believe you are still viewing a Mechanical Equipment Serviceman on-the-card (MESS acronym on the sheet) and a Mechanical Equipment Service Journeyman on-the-card (MESJ on the Sheet), as being the same thing. They are two different things.
    If your home Local has Servicemen doing “all covered work” including the repair and service of centrifugal, screw, and absorption chillers, or ammonia systems - that’s a problem. Whether you acknowledge it or not.

Post Likes
    We have ventured way off track.

If your home Local has Servicemen doing “all covered work” including the repair and service of centrifugal, screw, and absorption chillers, or ammonia systems - that’s a problem. Whether you acknowledge it or not.

In my home local there are two classification 1-BTJ 2-BTA those two classification cover fitters,welders,plumbers and service, we all get the same package. Now I would like to see the package for Utah's welders,plumbers and fitters to be able to compare!!

Post Likes
    A Question for HVAC Techs, which of you (specifically non-Union) Air Conditioning Techs refer to yourself as a Fitter, Service Fitter, Refrigeration Pipefitter, or Reefer Hand?

Back to the original question, specifically for non-Union HVAC Techs.

Also, can I get this Thread moved to the General Discussion?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123