Post Likes

Imbera VRD43 with a grounded compressor.

A little background on me, I am a residential AC tech. Ive recently taken on a little project to help out a friend of with a Imbera VRD sliding glass door refrigerator. Ive come to the conclusion that the compressor is grounded. I checked the three compressor terminals to copper and sure enough it is grounded. It is a 1/2HP, 115v, and R-134a refrigerant compressor. I have found a compressor online. I am going to install a new liquid line filter drier. I need help in determining which type of liquid line filter drier to install. I also need to know if installing a suction line filter is necessary. If the answer is yes to the suction line filter, I also need help with finding the correct type of suction filter to install. Finally if I have to install both of these filters, where can I find them online or will my local HVAC supply warehouse keep these items in stock ?

Post Likes
    Sorry but with questions like this your not helping your friend.
    Find a senior tech at your company too assist you.

Post Likes
    Did you check for acid? Is it a cap tube system? I would advise against repairing a cap tube system with a bad burn out.