Post Likes

Floor regisetr blown off?

HI,

Have had this house and system for 15 years. Suddenly, this morning I found one register was blown off and sitting upside down about 3 inches from the vent. It was closed off somehow, I never purposfully shut these off.

Is there anyway that the built up pressure from this one vent being closed blew this off? it is at the end of a run. There was some wind last night but not a ton, and is it cold here so the furnace (Trane 80) was runnning most of the night.

if not, I assume some type of animal has made its way into the system and came up through the vent, but it is louvered and closable and is not all that ight. I found no evidence that an animal was roaming my house, and it would need to be pretty big to flip the register all the way over.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

Post Likes
    No never seen a residential system have enough pressure to blow off a register

Post Likes
    Ok thank you. Have you ever heard of an animal doine this?

Post Likes
    Kids? Teenagers looking for their stash?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    I have seen a register in a floor boot float about a half inch up on a 5 ton 4 zone system. This zone only had 3 6 inch supplies. It was a carrier infinity system with out a bypass. You got any dogs that might have been exploring?
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020