Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Portland, OR(Previous: Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma)
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    Sleeve bearings are far superior to ball bearings in these applications.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    In your area sure. Try out some sleeve bearing motors in Arizona, Texas, Florida and let me know how that goes for you

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Same here in Oklahoma.
    I use a lot of US motors rescue 5430 motors they are the only condenser motor that we have never had a repeat failure from. They are ball bearing and rated to 80c ambient.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeThrowGuy View Post
    In your area sure. Try out some sleeve bearing motors in Arizona, Texas, Florida and let me know how that goes for you

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Here is a link to a pdf that shows the US Motors ez wire line there are 4 motors that cover almost all residential blower or condenser fan applications.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1579147559880

Portland, OR(Previous: Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma)
    Post Likes
    Ball bearings last at higher temperatures but can be loud af on start up. If you live in a colder climate use sleeve bearing in my opinion

Post Likes
    I had read that ball bearing motors are louder but I have never been able to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeThrowGuy View Post
    Ball bearings last at higher temperatures but can be loud af on start up. If you live in a colder climate use sleeve bearing in my opinion

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I do mostly residential. 1/3 HP seems good up to about 2 tons or so. I find most blower motors that are 3-5 tons use either a 1/2 HP motor or a 3/4 HP motor.
    I agree. most distributors around here stock furnaces with blowers rated for 3T and under or 3 1/2 to 5T. Mfg's make furnaces with 2T blowers that may use a 1/3hp but very few are kept in stock as are slow movers. Could be a region thing. This began as a condenser motor discussion, and what to stock. For manufacturers and ratings It's all about amps, (and sound levels) so 1/6hp conderser fan motors are becoming more common. We keep these on trucks now for that reason. Have used multi hp rated for 1/6 - 1/3 but they don't seem to last if you use them on 1/6hp applications.

Long story short we all will, or should be, using more OEM motors for their reliability as time moves forward. We find when given the choice, clients will elect to pay you more to go and get the real thing. Can mess with your schedule a bit when it's 106 outsideand you've commited to others, but if your getting paid to do it, sure why not. Exact is better for us as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12