Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Confused TRUCK STOCK CONDENSER MOTOR

What do you carry on your truck
    Multi HP, more expensive but one get it all ( almost)
    or less expensive fixed fractional HP but you need lot of them ?
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Portland, OR(Previous: Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma)
    Post Likes
    I prefer century motors (don't forget to pull the drain plug) they are generally 1/3-1/8 HP.

I carry an 825 RPM and a 1100 RPM. Very few times where those motors can't do the job

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I keep about seven different motors in my truck at all times. All are 240 volt since I pretty much don't even work on any gas any more.
    825 rpm multi hp condenser rescue motor
    1/6hp, 1/4hp,1/3hp 1075 rpm condenser motors
    1/3hp,1/2hp, 3/4hp 1075 rpm 3 speed blower motors
    I just buy the cheapest motors I can get, GE AO Smith, Fasco, Trade Pro, or whatever & I rarely ever have a problem with a replacement motor not lasting for years.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I keep about seven different motors in my truck at all times. All are 240 volt since I pretty much don't even work on any gas any more.
    825 rpm multi hp condenser rescue motor
    1/6hp, 1/4hp,1/3hp 1075 rpm condenser motors
    1/3hp,1/2hp, 3/4hp 1075 rpm 3 speed blower motors
    I just buy the cheapest motors I can get, GE AO Smith, Fasco, Trade Pro, or whatever & I rarely ever have a problem with a replacement motor not lasting for years.
    Seems you don't even need the 1/3 anymore in residential work to even carry it.

Post Likes
    i am working for some property managers so i keep some multi HP on my truck, 3 x 1075 and 2 x 825, i can replace the motor right there, no need to go back to supplier. For parts in warranty, i usually install OEM.

Post Likes
    I like the 2 Freethrow mentioned. Shop stock, 9722 & 9723 for 42 frame that fits Lennox & Trane units.

Post Likes
    i found Packard a good brand
    i also buy contractor and transformer from them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    Seems you don't even need the 1/3 anymore in residential work to even carry it.
    Actually I probably replace more 1/3 hp. blower motors than any other motor but I don't replace a a lot of 1/3 condenser motors. I can go a year without replacing a 1/3 hp condenser motor but I replaced two in one week about two months ago. You just never know in this business.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Once n while you come across a 1/5 or 1/6 hp , i just throw a 1/4 on , amps out perfectly

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Once n while you come across a 1/5 or 1/6 hp , i just throw a 1/4 on , amps out perfectly
    I've used 1/4 hp. on 1/5hp & 1/6hp. for many years & never had a problem. The only reason i stock 1/6hp on the truck is because a few years back i picked up a 450 unit condo & 90% of the condensers used 1/6 hp. motors. I was changing two or three every summer so I figured it would be worth keeping an extra 1/6hp. on the truck. Probably a 1/4hp. condenser & 1/3 hp. blower motor will cover 80% of any residential motors that go out. The problem now is most of the newer condensers have 825 rpm motors so you pretty much need a rescue motor for them. Unless you buy an OEM, its hard to find an 825 after market that is not a rescue motor & if you do you're going to pay a pretty penny for it.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I've used 1/4 hp. on 1/5hp & 1/6hp. for many years & never had a problem. The only reason i stock 1/6hp on the truck is because a few years back i picked up a 450 unit condo & 90% of the condensers used 1/6 hp. motors. I was changing two or three every summer so I figured it would be worth keeping an extra 1/6hp. on the truck. Probably a 1/4hp. condenser & 1/3 hp. blower motor will cover 80% of any residential motors that go out. . The problem now is most of the newer condensers have 825 rpm motors so you pretty much need a rescue motor for them. Unless you buy an OEM, its hard to find an 825 after market that is not a rescue motor & if you do you're going to pay a pretty penny for it.
    I do mostly residential. 1/3 HP seems good up to about 2 tons or so. I find most blower motors that are 3-5 tons use either a 1/2 HP motor or a 3/4 HP motor.

Post Likes
    Some of multi HP motors have very affordable price right now
    almost the same price of a fractional hp
    ok they don't have ball bearing but if you replace the motor on an old system could be convenient for the owner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    Some of multi HP motors have very affordable price right now
    almost the same price of a fractional hp
    ok they don't have ball bearing but if you replace the motor on an old system could be convenient for the owner
    Sleeve bearings are far superior to ball bearings in these applications.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast