Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    That operation has been used by carrier for awhile now in those class of units. wired those as a normal 2 stage heat cool unit on the stat, some stats put on temp lockout for w2 with a emer heat relay as some stats would use w2 for coming out of setback.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    I checked when Heating turned off and I still have 24v on G and W terminal, unit continues to run in heating mode.When I pulled thermostat off the wall, unit shuts off. But it only does that in heating mode in cooling mode it shuts of normal.

Post Likes
    Like said before something wired wrong, pull wires off stat and unit, test unit as i said ,ohm stats wire to verify no continuity between them, if all that is good wire and set up stat correctly. If problem comes back replace stat.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    this unit as all carrier commercial heat pumps operate this way.

you only use a conventional 2c/2h thermostat with the fan control set to the unit controls fan in heating, just as you would a gas furnace.

g runs the fan
    Y runs the compressor for cooling.
    The reversing valve is always energized where there is no call or the thermostat wires are disconnected.
    There is no O terminal. its on the defrost board for its internal function only. Not for thermostat control
    when w1 is energized it de energizes the reversing valve. turns on the indoor fan and the compressor.
    w2 turns on the aux heat.

you're looking for something that doesn't exist otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12