Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Ok, I just received my 680 today. I swear Trutech Tools is faster than Amazon with shipping!

Anyone want me to test anything in particular?
    How does it interact with the app and what kind of data does it stream? Does it calculate EER, etc?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    How does it interact with the app and what kind of data does it stream? Does it calculate EER, etc?
    I will be checking the full functionality with FP app to see if it is truly comprehensive. This was the main issue I had with the Testo probes aside from the range.

I'm no expert in dmm construction but it feels very solid and a bit heavier than expected. It's long and narrow compared to the Testo 770-3. The Testo has a much better clamp design IMO. The FP has a very small clamp head. This may or may not be more accurate due to wire movement within the area. The Testo had a pretty significant error in this regard. Meaning, the amp reading could change up to .3 A depending on the location of the wire inside the clamp ring. Also, the Testo would not zero AC Amps, it always read 0.2 without a load connected.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    It has been posted elsewhere that MQ compatability is in the works. How well? Only time will tell.
    All I can say is the 480 is a fair leap forward. It has BT built in, more features, improvements and tweaks.

Post Likes
    Here’s a quick report with the probes & dmm connected.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    It has been posted elsewhere that MQ compatability is in the works. How well? Only time will tell.
    All I can say is the 480 is a fair leap forward. It has BT built in, more features, improvements and tweaks.
    It's unknown how well it will integrate or what functionality it will present.

As per Jim:

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...0#post25837690

Post Likes
    Here’s a quick report with the probes & dmm connected.
    Thanks for the info. I already have the SC660, which I rarely use. I too had the 770-3 and liked it, but it went out before I had a chance to test it with MQ. The streamed info seems a bit sparser than I had hoped. I guess I'll be waiting until I see what MQ can do with it. Are you happy with it thus far, or is the jury still out?

Post Likes
    I can’t get it to show anything other than watts. Not a very user friendly app. I have no idea how the advertising literature shows eer and seer???
    The alligator clip leads are likely going to be useless, they’re waaaaay too short. It would have been better to have screw on alligator clips to the pin leads.

Also, I have to figure out how to get rid of the annoying high voltage beeping!!! Please tell me there’s a way to turn this off!!!
    If not I will be sending this thing back! Sooooooooo annoying!

I press power, then single phase and get pic #1. The only thing you can press is pf. You can then manually enter the pf. What???

I then press log and get pic #2

I cancel out of power and select log and get pic #3.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mgenius33; 01-25-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Post Likes
    I can’t get it to show anything other than watts. Not a very user friendly app. I have no idea how the advertising literature shows eer and seer??? Also, I have to figure out how to get rid of the annoying high voltage beeping.
    I'd call customer service. They should be able to give you the straight story on the function and how to achieve it. I see it shows PF, but is showing OL. Odd. No seer or eer...watts seems to be all you get. That can't be all. If customer service says those functions aren't available, maybe you could return it?

The JL app has always been pretty sad, IMO. When I bought the probes, I gave it a try (again), but it didn't take long to realize it hadn't changed much. When used with MQ, the probes are great for the most part. I use them regularly...my imanifold sits in my office. The JL Probes are just too portable and easy to set up (and wireless clamps!).

I've been itching to buy the IDVM 550 for it's seamless MQ integration, but am waiting to see how the 680 does. But Jim's response didn't sound too hopeful streaming wise.

BTW, for you guys that use the probes, I'm using the Veto Pro Tech MCT bag. It's perfect for the probes and leaves room for a clamp meter, hoses a tablet and more. It's become my one stop A/C kit.

Post Likes
    Any idea how to turn off the high voltage beeping? I don’t think I can deal with this. It’s definitely a game changer for me. Absolutely ridiculous function.
    Who the hell in their right mind thought it was a good idea for a tech to listen to a constant beeping noise while testing equipment?
    I’ve never owned a dmm that does this.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 01-25-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Post Likes
    One good thing I just figured out, the main pin leads are removable so the short alligator clip leads are extensions. Glad to see that. That was my fault for overlooking that.

Post Likes
    Not sure how to turn the beep off. Is it continuous or just a short tone when measuring volts? I like FP clamp meters...I have 3 of them, but the 600 series is so big. The deal breaker for me would be app integration and function. Where did you buy it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Not sure how to turn the beep off. Is it continuous or just a short tone when measuring volts? I like FP clamp meters...I have 3 of them, but the 600 series is so big. The deal breaker for me would be app integration and function. Where did you buy it?
    It's a beep, beep, beep beep... constantly every 1/2 second when measuring high voltage. Like a car with a disconnected seat belt or open door with the ignition on. It's soooo freaking annoying. No other meter I've ever owned does this.

I bought it from TTT.

Post Likes
    Yet another potential issue. I have it set on the first dial (Hz/100Aac/Vac) It doesn't show Hz, it remains at 0.00 on the dual display even though it is connected to voltage and a current reading. I tried the second dial (Hz/600Aac/Vac) and nothing on the Hz scale 0.00. It will show Hz when it's on the duty cycle setting though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast